uploading garmin multisport data to trainingpeaks

rudi-h

i've bought a garmin a year ago and i've literally uploaded every ride to both strava and trainingpeaks.  i use stravastix for fitness trending and trainingpeaks to keep track of weekly TSS and training hours etc. because its convenient to view on my phone.

i've done some triathlon training yesterday for the first time in tri-mode...  the workout uploaded perfectly into Strava as 5 separate workouts (swim, T1, bike, T2 and run respectively), however nothing shows on trainingpeaks.

Can garmin sync with traningpeaks for multi-sport workouts, and if so, what do I have to do to get this right?

Garmin definitely syncs multi-sport activities to TraininPeaks (I've sync'd a few triathlons). I didn't have to do anything specific, it just worked.

Sorry if that's not particularly helpful.

Yep am the same, using my previous fenix 3 and now fenix 5 in triathlon activity mode, uploads and splits on trainingpeaks to open water swim, transition, road cycling, transition, running.

After hitting start, every time you hit the lap button it changes the activity accordingly on the garmin going through each activity.

Same here, my multisport activities also sync from Garmin to TP like any other. The last week or so I have noticed an overall delay from Garmin to TP though, as if something is stuck between the servers before a workout shows up on TP, but it shows on Strava straight away. Maybe give it 24 hours?

Same here, my multisport activities also sync from Garmin to TP like any other. The last week or so I have noticed an overall delay from Garmin to TP though, as if something is stuck between the servers before a workout shows up on TP, but it shows on Strava straight away. Maybe give it 24 hours?

Yes, one of my rides took two days to upload last week.  It gets there eventually.

Edited by thisismyotherbike

All my Garmin activities took ages to sync to TP last week. But they did get there. Normally it’s instant.

it's been a week now... anybody know how to do this manually?

all of the later workouts are there, its only the multisport ones that are missing

• 2 weeks later...

Or you can upload to strava, link your strava to powerBI and create your own mega stats center for your training data...

#datanerdfordays

Or you can upload to strava, link your strava to powerBI and create your own mega stats center for your training data...

#datanerdfordays

have you done this?

I happen to be a powerbi user so if you've got a dashboard already built i might just go this route...  the only part that i'd assume not being too straight forward in powerbi would be drawing the CTL/ATL/TSB graph, the rest of the TP metrics and graphs are simple based on TSS, exercise duration and NP of previous workouts.

Edited by rudi-h