Football

IceCreamMan

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The return of football I think is the best thing that has happened in recent weeks.

I MISS IT SO MUCH..so much so that I found myself cheering while watching a video Juve uploaded of training[emoji2356] (a few more weeks before Serie A could possibly resume though.

Where are you streaming the Bundasliga?

Does anyone have any streaming links? Not to particular about which European league it is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any streaming links? Not to particular about which European league it is.

Sorry only saw this now.

I use hesgoal to watch the Bundasliga.

I gotta admit... Ralph looks the business... [emoji1693]

He has the backing of the board and the players...thats already a big step forward....last year november with the infamous 9 zip loss it was a low but everyone kept their heads, although i was teetering. 

Cant be in those situations though, too good a club to be in the relegation zone at any time in a season. 

He has the backing of the board and the players...thats already a big step forward....last year november with the infamous 9 zip loss it was a low but everyone kept their heads, although i was teetering. 

Cant be in those situations though, too good a club to be in the relegation zone at any time in a season. 

You just need to stop selling your good players...

I think that as a club, they still do reasonably well.

Let’s be honest, every club has a selling component in their make up and model - so it’s inevitable.

Barca sold Neymar, ManU sold CR7, Cheatski sold Hazard & De Bruyne, Liverpool sold Shitty gave away Hart & Sancho.... Hahahahahaaaaa

So the buying and selling of players needs to be better aligned to the business model of the club (although noted, Southampton have an absolutely phenomenal academy), just like Ajax

Cant stop em. WE have a great academy and a great scout team but to try and stop a van dyk sale (as an example) is impossible. We dont have the prestige and euro leagues access. 

I cry when i see the big clubs with our ex players. We dont have the money to keep em.

Cant stop em. WE have a great academy and a great scout team but to try and stop a van dyk sale (as an example) is impossible. We dont have the prestige and euro leagues access.

I cry when i see the big clubs with our ex players. We dont have the money to keep em.

”Your” Club might not have money to keep them, but you do get money from the sale. Without that “production line”, S’hampton would probably be in the lower leagues.

”Your” Club might not have money to keep them, but you do get money from the sale. Without that “production line”, S’hampton would probably be in the lower leagues.

yes you do, and if i recall correctly FIFA rules dictate you have to spend 70% back on players ...but not sure if thats buying or renumeration and bonus money for current players. i recall reading up on it a long time ago so the actual percentages etc may be different. 

Its quite surprising the number of players that have over the years come through the academy, i think its probably due to the hey day and Saints being the "biggest" club in the region of england (arguably) thus attracting a lot of local talent etc. 

The gent who rescued the club was a footballing man and he understood the mechanics of football, unfortunately he passed on and his daughter assumed control, she is not a footballing person but is more of a money person. Hence the sale of players and shares in the club. But to be fair , the likes of Shaw, Virgil, Sane etc were never going to remain in the south of england. 

is what it is, maybe the chinese money can bring a trophy or 2. for now i am just happy to hang around the premiership and bring down a big club every now and again. Also good to see brighton, Bournemouth in the premiership although their tenue looks precarious. Would like to see pompey back in the premiership too but thats unlikely for a moerofa long time. 

That is how Ajax do things.. produce these really good youngsters, who the big clubs eventually buy at really steep prices and so they are able to continue to develop.

• 2 weeks later...

Coppa Italia Final tonight................Juve - Napoli

Forzaaaaaaa Juveeeeeeeeeeeeee !

[emoji123]