Football

IceCreamMan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I erred earlier, watching this game an I reckon united got as good a chance as any in Europe. Get passed PSG an I would fancy their chances. Amazing how a manager strangled this side

Edited by IceCreamMan

Actually I erred earlier, watching this game an I reckon united got as good a chance as any in Europe. Get passed PSG an I would fancy their chances. Amazing how a manager strangled this side

I think they may get undone by PSG.... not too sure if they will be able to handle THAT attacking force even without Neymar and PSG have a very solid defence when their regular backline are fit to play. And of course they have god in goal.

But well see in a couple weeks time.

Ole has really turned that squad around.

Thought Young had a fantastic game tonight..

Edited by Gen

Poor Poch. Season turning to poo

Really going from bad to worse...

So now all hopes on what the CL..and they drew Dortmund who lead the Bundasliga[emoji848]

Spurs won’t win the champions league and they in a bun fight for a top 4 I reckon. Poch will go failing a top 4.

Watching a documentary on Netflix called Sunderland til I die. What a great program to get behind the scenes view of a football club. Recommended.

My concerns about the Lazio game was valid.. dammit they had us on the ropes.. our worst performance this season.. credit to Inzaghi and his boys..

Second half went much better after some tactical changes not great but better, the subs were crucial.. damn we didn't really deserve 1 point let alone 3..sometimes it isn't pretty.. but they pulled a miracle out of the bag of tricks thanks to Cancelo and Bernardeshi came on as subs and there we go.. great work by Bernardeshi who out of nothing created and Cancelo finished it off.. and then a stupid stupid moment by the Lazio player taking down Cancelo in the box for the penalty.

Szczesny was incredible kept us in that game with some incresible saves... Rugani improves with every game and was a mountain for us in defence...

Meanwhile.. Roma tossed away a 3 goal lead to draw 3-3.. Milan held Napoli to a 0-0 draw... some other great games the weekend.. come backs goals galore. And Inter lost[emoji48]

Moment of the weekend goes to Quagliarella.. equalling Batistuta's Serie A record for scoring in 11 consecutive Serie A games.. he is like a fine wine..almost 36yrs old and still banging them in.

Edited by Gen

My concerns about the Lazio game was valid.. dammit they had us on the ropes.. our worst performance this season.. credit to Inzaghi and his boys..

Second half went much better after some tactical changes not great but better, the subs were crucial.. damn we didn't really deserve 1 point let alone 3..sometimes it isn't pretty.. but they pulled a miracle out of the bag of tricks thanks to Cancelo and Bernardeshi came on as subs and there we go.. great work by Bernardeshi who out of nothing created and Cancelo finished it off.. and then a stupid stupid moment by the Lazio player taking down Cancelo in the box for the penalty.

Szczesny was incredible kept us in that game with some incresible saves... Rugani improves with every game and was a mountain for us in defence...

Meanwhile.. Roma tossed away a 3 goal lead to draw 3-3.. Milan held Napoli to a 0-0 draw... some other great games the weekend.. come backs goals galore. And Inter lost[emoji48]

Moment of the weekend goes to Quagliarella.. equalling Batistuta's Serie A record for scoring in 11 consecutive Serie A games.. he is like a fine wine..almost 36yrs old and still banging them in.

I watched the first half and went to bed..............Pity I missed a great second half. Difficult to beat Lazio away, they where on form

I watched the first half and went to bed..............Pity I missed a great second half. Difficult to beat Lazio away, they where on form

Yep they have been on form but too keep up that tempo for the full 90min was going to be very tough and a massive ask Immobile is going to have nightmares about his miss.

Cancelo could've made it 3..but unselfishly passed across goal for Bernardeshi who was not able to collect was on the wrong side of the defender and slightly in front of the ball.. really glad to see Cancelo back after injury..he will be have a full game in him soon.

That crowd siiiii after Ronaldo scored the penalty was the loudest I have heard all season..and away at home too.

My poor cats, my sons and I went bonkers.

Edited by Gen

I see Perisic is heavily linked with a move to Arsenal.. rumour (and that is a important word) is he has agreed personal terms with them..but at yet no agreement between the clubs.

Gained the most unlikely three points last night after the usual battling display sprinkled with some quality footie. Last year we really kicked on after sinking ManU at home around this time of year. Hopefully the three points and all round good display again City last night will do the same this year.

Plus record signing on the way in for a medical....

Last nights result cannot be underestimated...pulling away from relegation zone and therefore closer to the sale of the club. Record signing arriving.....

This club depressed me over the last month to the point where wanted nothing to do with football....I feel infinitley better this morning ????

Howay the lads

Damn City.. saw 1-0 after 24 sec so watched the Milan - Napoli Coppa game (btw very food Milan performance Piatek got 2 goals on his first start for Milan).. to see that City lost 1-2..well so they proved me wrong and can slip up some more.

Edited by Gen

Damn City.. saw 1-0 after 24 sec so watched the Milan - Napoli Coppa game (btw very food Milan performance Piatek got 2 goals on his first start for Milan).. to see that City lost 1-2..well so they proved me wrong and can split up some more.

Great win by Milan, considering their poor form lately.........Napoli difficult to beat.

Hopefully Liverpool can capitalize on the MC loss and increase their lead................

Great win by Milan, considering their poor form lately.........Napoli difficult to beat.

Hopefully Liverpool can capitalize on the MC loss and increase their lead................

Yep.. Milan are unrecognizable from a few months ago.. they really have done the hard work and battled through... the signings have also made a difference....

Spurs won’t win the champions league and they in a bun fight for a top 4 I reckon. Poch will go failing a top 4.

Watching a documentary on Netflix called Sunderland til I die. What a great program to get behind the scenes view of a football club. Recommended.

People keep writing us off... kind of suits us. Pretty much the most consistent team in the top flight in the last 5yrs... having spent pretty much nothing and having played away from home for the last two seasons.

But hey, despite being injury ravaged currently, we're in touching distance of the mighty Man City, with 50 million dollar players and backups for every position, and led by the untouchable Pep. But hey... people still want to look at us and point fingers.

We're doing okay I reckon. We'll be okay I reckon  ;)

People keep writing us off... kind of suits us. Pretty much the most consistent team in the top flight in the last 5yrs... having spent pretty much nothing and having played away from home for the last two seasons.

But hey, despite being injury ravaged currently, we're in touching distance of the mighty Man City, with 50 million dollar players and backups for every position, and led by the untouchable Pep. But hey... people still want to look at us and point fingers.

We're doing okay I reckon. We'll be okay I reckon  ;)

Ok as in not in a relegation fight I concur.

Ok as in a guaranteed top 4, well I ain’t so sure.

We,wait n see