ZMA?

Guest Michelle

Guest Michelle

I've been thinking.. if ZMA increases testosterone & growth hormone then surely it would help with recovery?  Considering it's basically a combination of zinc, magnesium & B6 then it can't be on the banned list.  They also say it can improve endurance...

So... would you use it, have you used it?

I'm guessing this would probably be more beneficial for men?!

tried it for a while & cant say if it helped or not - only took 4 a day at night instead of the "prescribed" 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening.

did make me sleep better.

dont think that women should take it though,  but then again i dont really believe that these "precurser" supplements really do anything.

ZMA cant increase testosterone or growth hormone. It may stimulate a higher release. The first step in recovery is to regenerate your glycogen levels to prevent muscle loss. Forget about using all these funny sh!t and concentrate on the basic tried and tested ways of recovering. 1. Rehydration 2. Intake of simple sugars soon after exercise up untill your next big meal. Even protein shakes are totally unnecesarry.

Anything artificial that stimulates GH and testosterone excrestion can hamper your health.