Fox Tune ID for Cannondale Scalpel 29

69ER

Hi Folks

I want to fit a Fox DPS or earlier CTD to my Scalpel 29ER. I assume many has been through this exercise when replacing the Rockshox units. So hopefully someone out there can advise on what Fox Tune ID is the correct one for this particular bike? It could be either with or without remote lockout capability. For the record this is a 165X38mm shock frame.

Advice would be appreciated!

D   

This is what I’m running on my 2018 scalpel.

According to guys at Omnico it is the closest to the original shock.

post-540-0-85738100-1535545254_thumb.jpeg

165x38mm is the previous generation scalpel.

It will be the standard factory tune for which ever model you opt for

Edited by DieselnDust

Hi Folks

Thanks for the replies. Yes it is the previous generation Scalpel. The previous reply from DieselnDust  -  will be the standard factory tune for which ever model you opt for - Lets say I go for the DPS - how do I know what the standard factory tune is?

Hi Folks

Thanks for the replies. Yes it is the previous generation Scalpel. The previous reply from DieselnDust  -  [/size]will be the standard factory tune for which ever model you opt for - Lets say I go for the DPS - how do I know what the standard factory tune is?

Search the current code on you shock fox's site will then give you the conpression , rebound and climb tunes

Then you select the dps with the same tunes or have cogent indudtries or stoke suspension retune A stock shock to the appropriate tunes

Hi Folks

Thanks for the replies. Yes it is the previous generation Scalpel. The previous reply from DieselnDust  -  [/size]will be the standard factory tune for which ever model you opt for - Lets say I go for the DPS - how do I know what the standard factory tune is?

Either provide the 4 digit code on the shock body or simply tell the store it’s for a Cannondale Scalpel and give the year model. Standard tune means it has the compression and rebounds stack configured for a generic bike with a rear suspension leverage ratio between about 2.8:1 to around 3.2:1.

Bikes like the Scott Spark RC and Spark, specialized Epic etc use rear shocks with a proprietary compression and rebound shin stack and valving to control oil flow. The Scalpel uses a standard off the shelf tune for the year model and stroke length of the shock