Upgrade Sram X9 for climbing

partydave

Counted rings last night and completely forgot to take pics. Can't remember if I actually installed the 10 speed or if I got the bike this way. Didn't count the teeth either. So lazy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Counted rings last night and completely forgot to take pics. Can't remember if I actually installed the 10 speed or if I got the bike this way. Didn't count the teeth either. So lazy

Lazy?  Or "...But then I got high!" ???

:P

But now I've noticed you're from Namibia...  Have the "rondkyk rothmans" been decriminalised over there?

Lazy?  Or "...But then I got high!" ???

:P

But now I've noticed you're from Namibia...  Have the "rondkyk rothmans" been decriminalised over there?

Unfortunately not, but we're patient people

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to track down a barely used 11 Speed SRAM GX groupset. 

Would it be worth my while to upgrade to 11 10-42T over my current gearing or is the Sunrace 11-42T 10 speed better value bear in mind, my current chain and cassette would most likely need to be replaced fairly soon anyway

You will have to change your freehub body as well to be able to use the sram cassette, so no. Not better imo. Also new sram cassettes are FAR MORE EXPENSIVE than the sunrace options

You will have to change your freehub body as well to be able to use the sram cassette, so no. Not better imo. Also new sram cassettes are FAR MORE EXPENSIVE than the sunrace options

Awesome, Sunrace it is. Thanks Mayhem

Archived