Black CR1 Scott, "PHIL"

CatzSpace "frail"

Hello everyone

Mr PHIL'S Scott was stolen @ 1 Tonner parking area.

Gentleman will post a Picture later, once he has got to his residence.

He has reported it to the Police.

Edited by F.R.A.I.L. -K

Thanks to Dave for posting this for me whilst I was waiting for the cops to arrive!

He does a sterling job of raising funds for old-age homes by riding grueling races! Today's 170 km was in 40+ temperatures.
Here is a pic of my bike that some criminals stole (obviously using bolt-cutters) from my carrier when I went to get a cold drink after the One-tonner at Stellenbosch High School :-(

Also some detail of the wheels and the carbon bars.

Oh, and it is a small frame in carbon.

post-137472-0-82461100-1540742064_thumb.jpg

post-137472-0-93445400-1540742079_thumb.jpg

post-137472-0-17156500-1540742092.jpg

Edited by Phil Curtis

I hope you get your bike back sir.

They tried to steal a Hilux from the parking lot at the Macsteel Carnival Classic this afternoon. Fortunately the vehicle was where the driver left it, but the ignition was in pieces. 

I hope you get your bike back sir.

They tried to steal a Hilux from the parking lot at the Macsteel Carnival Classic this afternoon. Fortunately the vehicle was where the driver left it, but the ignition was in pieces. 

I know of someone whose car / bakkie was stolen at that race yesterday. Looks like the crims had a busy day there yesterday. 

A bit of feedback about the "wonderful" police service in Stellenbosch!

So the constable gives me a cell-phone number and says I can Whatsapp photos of the bike to that number and he will distribute them to all the satellite stations.
As soon as I get home (Robertson), I do that.
Today I notice that the Whatsapp message does not have the usual two "ticks" indicating it has been seen.
I send another message to the number asking for a reply .... nothing.
In the meantime I get two messages from the Police telling me the case number and that a certain Sgt Alexander will be investigating. I try the number given for him .... no reply.
I then phone the number to which the photos were sent - a constable answers, so I ask him if the WhatsApp messages have been seen - he says that they haven't because the phone is on a contract and they have run out of data, but not to worry - at the end of the month when the data is replenished they will see them! :cursing:

He says it is out of his hands - I will have to make an appointment with the Station Commander, a certain Brigadier Dladla ..... FFS - I live 150 km away!!
Bye bye my beautiful Scott .... :thumbdown: :(

A bit of feedback about the "wonderful" police service in Stellenbosch!

So the constable gives me a cell-phone number and says I can Whatsapp photos of the bike to that number and he will distribute them to all the satellite stations.

As soon as I get home (Robertson), I do that.

Today I notice that the Whatsapp message does not have the usual two "ticks" indicating it has been seen.

I send another message to the number asking for a reply .... nothing.

In the meantime I get two messages from the Police telling me the case number and that a certain Sgt Alexander will be investigating. I try the number given for him .... no reply.

I then phone the number to which the photos were sent - a constable answers, so I ask him if the WhatsApp messages have been seen - he says that they haven't because the phone is on a contract and they have run out of data, but not to worry - at the end of the month when the data is replenished they will see them! :cursing:

He says it is out of his hands - I will have to make an appointment with the Station Commander, a certain Brigadier Dladla ..... FFS - I live 150 km away!!

Bye bye my beautiful Scott .... :thumbdown: :(

Hello Phil

Dont lose hope with the power of Social Media.

Some of us are keeping an eye out for you.