training wheel set and tyers 23c

soutie18

good day to all

what tyres do you recommend for training on my road bike 23c that wont break the budget of R350.00 . are there any good cheap tyres ?.  

what wheel set do you recommend for training i have nice set zipp for race events but i don't want to damage them unnecessarily with the poor road conditions and long training.

Maxis Detonators.

These - but one day you will move to Gatorskins.

As for training wheels - double butted or bladed spokes and plenty of them.  My experience is that of the off the shelf mid level wheel sets you can't beat Mavic Aksiums.

Chayong also make some nice puncture proof sets. I think they call them shark skin (could be wrong about the name). Had them on my previous bike and they were quite hardy.

Aksiums are lekka cheap and bombproof...as for tyres I use Spez Armadillo's...they so tough ..I use it on the idt as well.

For training wheels, get a set of 32-hole Shimano 105 hubs (about R1500 for the set with shipping from CRC). Build these with double butted or bladed spokes (about R1000) to a set of Alexrims CX28 (about R650 each) or Easton R90SL rims (about R2195 each) and you have a seriously durable, light enough set of tubeless-ready road wheels which will last a lifetime, for R5000-8000.