QashQai Hatch Bike Rack

flipside

Hi All,

I have been trying to find a hatch bike rack that fits the Nissan QashQai (2015 - older models). I like the Thule Raceway because it's simple and doesn't have 10 000 straps to fix in and around your car, however the Thule website says its not compatible with the QashQai. In fact, none of their hatch bike racks are. I'm pretty happy to use anything that works, but don't want to spend the money and it doesn't fit etc. Anyone have a QashQai that can provide some input on what to look at or what you use?

(not getting a towbar or roof racks installed, only looking at the hatch racks)

Much appreciated! 

Hi All,

I have been trying to find a hatch bike rack that fits the Nissan QashQai (2015 - older models). I like the Thule Raceway because it's simple and doesn't have 10 000 straps to fix in and around your car, however the Thule website says its not compatible with the QashQai. In fact, none of their hatch bike racks are. I'm pretty happy to use anything that works, but don't want to spend the money and it doesn't fit etc. Anyone have a QashQai that can provide some input on what to look at or what you use?

(not getting a towbar or roof racks installed, only looking at the hatch racks)

Much appreciated! 

Have a look at these, Might solve your problem :)

https://tokencycling.co.za/shop/treefrog-elite-2-bike-carrier/

I have a Qashqai (2012) with towbar and have a Thule platform rack when there are 2 or more bikes.  If it is just me going to meet friends, ride with the club or off to races, then I just fold down the back seats and put the bike in the boot.  Fits easily.

Would recommend getting a towbar fitted, even though you say you don't want to.

I have a Qashqai (2012) with towbar and have a Thule platform rack when there are 2 or more bikes.  If it is just me going to meet friends, ride with the club or off to races, then I just fold down the back seats and put the bike in the boot.  Fits easily.

Would recommend getting a towbar fitted, even though you say you don't want to.

this is what i currently do, pop the front wheel and it fits nicely in the back with the seats down, just a bit of a hack to do this every time i wanna go ride so was thinking of a simpler solution that doesn't need me to pay r8000 to install a towbar. thanks for the comment, appreciate it! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been using these for a couple of years now, and can assure you they are secure at speeds in excess of 200kmh, and will not scratch your car in any way. They are quite literally the last bike carrier you will ever need to buy!

Archived