Stellenbosch cyclists

SoloCyclist

Hi there I'm looking for advice on cycling

from stellenbosch to franshoek and back

1. Is it safe ?

2. Where would you suggest we park our car in Stellenbosch?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-A605F using Tapatalk

Under no circumstance should you attempt Helshoogte alone. ALWAYS ride in a group. That spot is a high risk zone, with PLENTY bikejackings occurring there.

Thanks Robbie appreciate the reply

If one drove past Helshoogte, where would be the next safe spot to park the car and cycle to Franschoek ?

SAD to skip Helshoogte, but for safety sake this may be the only practical approach for 1 or 2 riders ....

If one drove past Helshoogte, where would be the next safe spot to park the car and cycle to Franschoek ?

SAD to skip Helshoogte, but for safety sake this may be the only practical approach for 1 or 2 riders ....

Thanks for posting this question

We from the southern suburbs but looking for new adventures

We have ridden many times to over Hels, and never had issues. But then we usually hit Hels at around 7 - 8 am.

I know of the issues. But just don't panic and not do it. Just be aware.

Be aware and alert as Moridin said.

All roads potentially have issues ... do what you can to improve your safety.

Hells is fine, was issues while back but sorted.

Tons people cycle it everyday no issue

If you worried, drop me pm , happy to join you

Edited by Karman de Lange

I stay and cycle in Hels weekly. Normally alone but there is a lot of riders on the route. its safe in my experience...

I commute home over Helshoogtepas, never had a problem but I am always aware of my surrounds. Currently more afraid of getting hit by a taxi since they drive like complete chops.

If you want to skip Helshoogte then you can park at Cafe Pave just over Helshoogte, it is a nice ride out to Franschhoek and back there. They also have a good brekkie and coffee.

Edited by Karate Monkey

I commute home over Helahoogtepas, never had a problem but I am always aware of my surrounds. Currently more afraid of getting hit by a taxi since they drive like complete chops.

If you want to skip Helshoogte then you can park at Cafe Pave just over Helshoogte, it is a nice ride out to Franschhoek and back there. They also have a good brekkie and coffee.

Thanks everyone for the replies