Zebula MTB Ride/Trails

sdaghers

Does anybody know if I’m able to take my bike with when going to Zebula?

Are there trails inside the estate or only outside?

I’m looking to get a few 50km+ rides in so if anybody has any other suggestions in the area please let me know?

You can ride to Rooiberg from Zebula. There is also a gate at the back of Zebula. If you go out there you cn do a few gravel road loops. You can also ride to Elements. Quite a few options.

You are allowed to take your bike. There are no trails in Zebula per se, but it is very easy to ride the fence line and get around 14kms out of that. Ride up from the chalets where you are staying to the main gate and go from there. A full circle of the property will give 14 odd. I guess you could ride up and down some of the estate roads but there are no "trails"

If you leave the estate you can ride for many many KMs.

Be careful, there are a lot of thorns around and punctures are plentiful. So plentiful that the bikes they rent out have pool noodles for tubes.. or some solid thing pool noodle like thing anyway.

other than that there is game to be seen, its a fun ride. Get your wife to meet you somewhere along the route with a few ice cold beers.

Awesome thanks so much everybody!!

How safe is it to ride outside the reserve? Is it safe to ride alongside the main road (on the gravel) to Warmbaths & back?

You are allowed to take your bike. There are no trails in Zebula per se, but it is very easy to ride the fence line and get around 14kms out of that. Ride up from the chalets where you are staying to the main gate and go from there. A full circle of the property will give 14 odd. I guess you could ride up and down some of the estate roads but there are no "trails"

If you leave the estate you can ride for many many KMs.

Be careful, there are a lot of thorns around and punctures are plentiful. So plentiful that the bikes they rent out have pool noodles for tubes.. or some solid thing pool noodle like thing anyway.

other than that there is game to be seen, its a fun ride. Get your wife to meet you somewhere along the route with a few ice cold beers.

There are trails inside Zebula, but nothing spectacular and they are new and not maintained. The longest route (yellow) is only about 6 km long and quite overgrown + lots of thorns. It starts from the picnic site towards the north of the runway. If you work your way around all the roads and fences you can easily get 30kms in. 

Awesome thanks so much everybody!!

How safe is it to ride outside the reserve? Is it safe to ride alongside the main road (on the gravel) to Warmbaths & back?

We make our way to the back gate and ride around the gravel road hills towards Mabalingwe. There aren't really any cars on this road that often. I think as long as you have a phone with you, you should be fine. 

Archived