[Event] The HOUR Endurance Challenge

Eveza

Just guessing we will need a light for the night time, if we make it that far? Also will there be facilities available to charge these? I do not think my cheap lights are making it as long as my legs, but I have two batteries to swap out. 

Yep, the route will be marked with reflective markers but you will need a bike light for the night time riding. There will be a charging station for all electronic devices.

• 1 month later...

How far would the camping site / gazebo be from the start / finish line ?

Would it make sense to go to your gazebo after each lap, or just stay in the participants area ?

Anyone doing this event this weekend ?

Was wondering if a DS bike will be overkill, considering the description of the terrain. 

Would a HT be hard on the body after a couple of laps ?

Anyone doing this event this weekend ?

Was wondering if a DS bike will be overkill, considering the description of the terrain. 

Would a HT be hard on the body after a couple of laps ?

I was almost thinking of bringing a gravel bike after hearing the description. But my trusty HT will be taking me around. I did not read anything about switching bikes, so might be worth it to bring both and change later when your ass is done?

I was almost thinking of bringing a gravel bike after hearing the description. But my trusty HT will be taking me around. I did not read anything about switching bikes, so might be worth it to bring both and change later when your ass is done?

Switching should not be a problem, since you can even hire a bike per lap if yours are still being repaired ( if needed )

Would anyone be so kind to forward me the info pack e-mail please?

Asked a few times on Facebook and the website contacts but no joy [emoji2959]

Can forward mine. Address ?

So sadly I must apologise to the organisers, not their fault, as it turns out the address I used didn't allow those mails through [emoji34]

Have requested the change to my private address.

Aside from a broken bike after only a handful of hours in, fantastic. I’m still finding dust in strange places.

So how did it go for the rest of you? I had 'fun' ... Hung in there for 22 hours then it got just a tad too cold for me. I see 3 brave lads completed the full 60 hours and it ended in a close sprint finish on the last lap [emoji44]175f83b3e17505c4499d7ff6d276e60d.jpg

My bike gave in on lap 7, was a long walk back to the start. But what a nice concept, want to have another go at it next time. After that I am really looking into getting a decent bike. My 26" with v-brakes felt a bit out of place there,