Easton EA 90 XC Tubeless Wheelset (Aluminium)

BSG

Good day to all and everyone.

I would like to know if this is a good wheelset, I can get it for R3k, very good condition. I suppose they are better than the Scott 29er wheelset that comes standard on the Scott 960, not exactly sure about specs on the original Scott ones.

I'll be using them on my Merida of which only the seatpost and frame is still original.

Edited by BSG

I have a set of these and I’ve been hugely impressed with them. The rim does run narrow (I think that the internal width is about 19mm), but other than that it’s a really good wheelset.

What year are they? The M4 (I believe) easton hub had an issue about 2/3 years ago. But seems to have fixed the issue since then

What year are they? The M4 (I believe) easton hub had an issue about 2/3 years ago. But seems to have fixed the issue since then

Not sure, I'll ask the seller when I go to pick it up. I've also read about the hub issues with them. Buying from a friend who does bike services, small shop etc.

I've been diagnosed with upgradelitis, dr subscribed steel brush for the symptoms and sure as heck it worked. The scratchilites is gone and suddenly my house is filled with loveititus and everyone accept the seller is happy.

I decided to rather leave the wheelset for now, as I'm going for a foot operation and will be out of cycling for at least 8 weeks wearing plaster.

I'd rather get myself a wheelset that's a bit wider with the inside diameter at a later stage.

Ride your current ones for now, save some cash and get something hand built and proper. Double butted J bend spokes, brass nipples, proper hubs (ie. not Novatec).

In 10 years when you're still riding the same wheels you can thank me.

Those Eastons, while shiny, are going to cause you endless pain when something breaks. Also they don't have enough spokes.

Ride your current ones for now, save some cash and get something hand built and proper. Double butted J bend spokes, brass nipples, proper hubs (ie. not Novatec).

In 10 years when you're still riding the same wheels you can thank me.

Those Eastons, while shiny, are going to cause you endless pain when something breaks. Also they don't have enough spokes.

What Droo said...spot on. Have set built up nice and wide with J bend and decent hubs..think i9, DT's, Hope or the like