Shimano 12 Speed compatibility

Fitbull

So I have been looking around for info on this, it seems you can use the Shimano chain on any chainring if you use a SRAM eagle quicklink instead of Shimano quicklink

Anybody here know if this is correct?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have been looking around for info on this, it seems you can use the Shimano chain on any chainring if you use a SRAM eagle quicklink instead of Shimano quicklink

Anybody here know if this is correct?

Given the issues that I had with trying to use a 12x Shimano chain on an 11 speed narrow-wide 1x chainring I'm going to say that this is false.

The chain didn't fit on the chainring before I'd even thought about attaching the quick link.

Edited by Jehosefat

You can use the Shimano chain on any chainring but it will be noisy till the chainring wears to the shape of the inner plates of the chain

What DND said, my xtr 12 speed chain is on 800km and more than 50 % wear. I was running it with a xtr 11 speed chainring.

Fitted a Rapide N/W chainring to my bike on the weekend, using the Shimano 12 speed chain, just fitted a SRAM powerlock link, everything is fine, no noise, still shifts nice and smooth....