Xloc remote conversion

batmobile

Hi guys, 

Just wondering if anyone has taken the Rockshox xloc full sprint remote(Dual lock out) and plugged it to use as a single lockout remote? I have a Scalpel Si3 and am thinking about ditching the Monarch XX for a Fox. But can I then just pop a grub screw in where the rear hose went into the remote, to seal it? I realise that I might have to re-bleed the unit so that the lever can still lockout for the front.

Any Ideas, beside having to buy a single lockout remote.

You'll have to get a single lockout remote, the Full Sprint remotes hydraulic lock when the shock is disconnected.

Someone may have hacked this, but if they have I'm not aware of it.

Hi guys, 

Just wondering if anyone has taken the Rockshox xloc full sprint remote(Dual lock out) and plugged it to use as a single lockout remote? I have a Scalpel Si3 and am thinking about ditching the Monarch XX for a Fox. But can I then just pop a grub screw in where the rear hose went into the remote, to seal it? I realise that I might have to re-bleed the unit so that the lever can still lockout for the front.

Throw the fox on the rear ( much better than the monarch anyway ) and convert the lefty to manual lock 

it'll be a much more reliable and clean looking setup 

On this note: can i use mineral oil to bleed my xloc ( also a Scalpel with xx Monarch and Lefty -both working on one remote) or should I only use 2.5W fork oil?

On this note: can i use mineral oil to bleed my xloc ( also a Scalpel with xx Monarch and Lefty -both working on one remote) or should I only use 2.5W fork oil?

no don't use mineral oil 

you can some pretty cheap 2.5wt/3wt fork oil at MX shops

Hi guys, 

What's wrong with the monarch?

No you can't just disconnect one shock. The second plunger has to be in fluid. You can hack it with spring loaded poppit on the end of the line but that will look crap.

Fit a single poploc remote to the Lefty and monarch each and never look back. I quite like my monarch xx with debonair can.

You can use any mineral oil. The dualloc circuit is isolated from the shocks internal hydraulics. They only recommend you use the same oil as the shock so that you can get the job done without having to swap oil products from syringes or whatever you use to fill the damper body

You can use any mineral oil. The dualloc circuit is isolated from the shocks internal hydraulics. They only recommend you use the same oil as the shock so that you can get the job done without having to swap oil products from syringes or whatever you use to fill the damper body

no don't use mineral oil 

you can some pretty cheap 2.5wt/3wt fork oil at MX shops

thanks guys

So one yes and one no :whistling:

thanks guys

thanks guys

2.5wt is a mineral oil. Just make sure to use a light viscosity oil. Chain lube won't work its too viscous.

• 9 months later...

What's wrong with the monarch?

No you can't just disconnect one shock. The second plunger has to be in fluid. You can hack it with spring loaded poppit on the end of the line but that will look crap.

Fit a single poploc remote to the Lefty and monarch each and never look back. I quite like my monarch xx with debonair can.

Can you post a pic of your handlebars?

Throw the fox on the rear ( much better than the monarch anyway ) and convert the lefty to manual lock 

it'll be a much more reliable and clean looking setup 

I did exactly that on my Scalpel 2017.... the Fox is sooooo much better than the Monarch and the PBR lockout button way easier to push with no maintenance or bleeding....a. no-brainer really and the rear really never needs to get locked out on a Scalpel, even while standing

I've not had a minutes trouble with the split pop locs. When it gets sticky it's time for a service anyway so in a way its a service indicator.

I use the poplocs all the time as the Lefty and monarch don't have full lockout anylonger. I had both tweaked so that they have a firm compression and open damping tune.

firm is for climbing and open for descend. That's brought the bike into another league of fun.

on my old DLR and Speed DLR II I had the manual lock out which was OK but a hassle to move hands around. The split levers allows me to firm up the rear for very steep climbs, tar Road or just smooth single track