Wheel Builds in Jhb

awesme

Something told me I should log into the Hub today :) Thanks for everyone who recommended me.

I love teaching people to build wheels and would love to help. Drop me a line anytime. 

My email and cell number are on the website wheelbuilder dot co dot za

PS. I charge R520 per wheel to build, or R2000 to teach you to do it - and you do all the work :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aspiring home mechanic <> R6000

you def missing your market there, If I wanted to do this as a business sure, not home mechanic, building, fixing own wheels.

G

as per above link:

Cytech home mechanic wheel building

This three day course designed to give the aspiring home mechanic a good level of knowledge and practical experience in the art of wheel building.

The course fee is R5,940.

Edited by awesme

R2000... this i can still see doing.

For now I've decided to have the first set of wheels outright build, don't have time anymore.

Might do the second set with this option...

Where are you based.

G

Something told me I should log into the Hub today :) Thanks for everyone who recommended me.

I love teaching people to build wheels and would love to help. Drop me a line anytime. 

My email and cell number are on the website wheelbuilder dot co dot za

PS. I charge R520 per wheel to build, or R2000 to teach you to do it - and you do all the work :)

Edited by awesme

R2000... this i can still see doing.

For now I've decided to have the first set of wheels outright build, don't have time anymore.

Might do the second set with this option...

Where are you based.

G

Lekker G,

I'm in Paulshof.

As a "home-mechanic", knowing how to work on your wheels is super handy, even if you never build your own.

Truing a wobbly rim or replacing a spoke isn't rocket science, but building a wheel with your own two hands will definitely give you a new appreciation for the time, effort, patience and skill that goes into building wheels.