SR Suntour Aion 35

Daniel De Vynck

Hi fellow hubbers. I have my eye on a giant trance 3 for sale on the hub and it comes with a SR Suntour Aion 35 fork. I don't know much about the fork and i can't find much online so is there anyone here who could tell me anything about it. Thankyou.

It is a great fork. I remember watching a Youtube video sometime ago and they were riding hard and hitting huge features and one of the guys had one of these forks on for a long term review and said it is the best bang for buck fork you can buy.

Edited by Hello Ruan

I for one wouldn't be put off from buying a bike if it had Suntour on, their latest high-end suspension look good. And if you are look at this Trance ( https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/dual-suspension-bikes/927/giant-trance-275-2019-price-drop ) it is a awesome bike for a great price, it would soak up anything you throw at it, I rate. I would just ask out about the rear shock ad says Rockshox but pictures has the Suntour Tri Air on.

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late to the thread but I have one on my hardtail that I use for a bit of trail fun and some enduro riding. It soaks up all the bumps nicely. My only minor complaint is that when a rider lifts the front wheel the lowers on that fork drops a minute amount which is something you need to learn to anticipate for. But yeah, it's a very stiff fork.

Are spares available for Suntour forks?

The local agents have a lot of spares to try cover every model. There are a lot of models and variants of each model but most spares are available.