Specialized crave comp 29er headset assembly

BrandonJ91

Help needed,

I have taken apart the headset to check the bearings (of a specialized crave comp 29er) and then while it was being taken out the top bearing and spacers etc fell out (onto a towel) but now I'm unsure of the order that they go back in. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a picture of all the components so if someone would be willing to assist I could send them a picture of what there is.

Also when putting in the top bearing it sits proud like this and when I put the split ring in the top it makes it so the seal doesn't sit right, so I'm not sure if the split ring is inserted wrong.

post-156425-0-17391300-1580714880_thumb.jpeg

Also when putting in the top bearing it sits proud like this and when I put the split ring in the top it makes it so the seal doesn't sit right, so I'm not sure if the split ring is inserted wrong.

The top bearing does sit proud on the spez

Did you fit the split ring with they way you have it in the picture?

Insert the split ring and then make sure that you press it down, you will feel that the play on the steerer disappear when the split ring goes in correctly.

Then the dust cap/ seal goes on top and you will see a slight gap there. It is the Spez way

Did you take a pic before taking it apart?

As per your other picture

Bottom of headset = one

To = two

then 3 on that (Split ring)

thenseven  = the dust seal

then 4.5.6.

Yeah I can't remember if there was a gap or not but I highly doubt it and looking at pics that aren't that close, I dont think there was a gap. So if I put the dust cap on over the bearing it fits fine but the compression ring is what makes it raised, but I know this is needed but maybe I need to press it down more. Will give it a try.

The top bearing does sit proud on the spez

Did you fit the split ring with they way you have it in the picture?

Insert the split ring and then make sure that you press it down, you will feel that the play on the steerer disappear when the split ring goes in correctly.

Then the dust cap/ seal goes on top and you will see a slight gap there. It is the Spez way

Did you take a pic before taking it apart?

As per your other picture

Bottom of headset = one

To = two

then 3 on that (Split ring)

thenseven = the dust seal

then 4.5.6.

ok will do it in this order thank you so much. :)