Help me with a lekke Hardtail

Joe Soap

Hold on... I missed this. You're doing what? Isolation is obviously causing you mental health issues and we need an intervention!

Haha the old saying goes if everyone starts calling you crazy, you may be crazy.... I may infact be suffering from lockdown induced health issues. I was riding around in the yard a few days ago practicing wheelies ans just messing around - let's just say the likelyhood of the bike being sold has gone down a bit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

riding oversize frames are a thing these days.... do it!

I've never swung a leg over a XL frame in my life.

Think I need to find something with similar size closer to me that I can get a feel for.

I'm 1.84 so right in the L size sweet spot.

I was running my Vendetta X2 as 27.5. they can do either.

Sorry skiet (and wife)

Hahaha! Marc you ate throwing spanners.

This makes me wonder if I should start to sleep hanging from my feet to get taller.

My goodness, I want it

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/hardtail-mountain-bike-frames/397985/kingdom-bikes-vendetta-x2-frame-only

My god. How has that not gone. At that price? That is one of the best boutique HT's. I've been looking  for a M for well over a year here and overseas and never found one close to that price. Even on their recent lockdown special they were R19,500 and usually closer to R25k before importing / shipping them. Most second hand ones overseas go in the region of 650eur - 850eur. I'm a medium and have just done a calculation for the XL and it's not looking like that frame is going to come to me even with the best will in the world and acceptance that my nuts need to come off. It's titanium, not alu or steel and it's cheaper than most. That thing is a keeper for life if you're a lucky sasquatch. 

I was crying when I first saw it and now I'm sitting in the corner hugging myself and sobbing. Please some one buy it!