Shimano Road disc brake question

boink

Thanks for the feedback everyone and 100% agree that iffy brakes are a disaster waiting to happen!

In short it seems that I need to find a third bike shop to take my problem to where the ask will have to be "pls strip the entire brake hose etc. out of the frame and start again".

Anyone have a suggestion on where I might take the bike in the Durbanville area?  

I'm curious to know who the first two shops were?  I'd go to Knipe Racing in Durbanville.

I am not in the Western Cape but let me say that when I am concerned about a particular issue and I want to be sure that the job is done properly, I take my bike to FourWays CycleLab and I stand there and I watched the technician do the job and make sure I understand exactly what the issues are, et cetera. It might cost a little bit more than my local bike shop but I know the thing is done properly by the time I walk out of there. I speak under correction, but my understanding is that all of their technicians are also properly trained and formally qualified. Which believe it or not, does actually make a difference as opposed to the guy who simply learned "the backyard trade". The other thing is that they usually have all the correct tools for the job – as opposed to "making do" as many local bike shops.

I've had to do that on a few occasions also

Go to Cyclelab or supervise the technicians [emoji12]

Their skills are waaay superior to mine.

I just watch the Cyclelab mechanics in awe

................ and advice that I should be "pumping" the lever before braking.

Ive never heard such krap in my life.

You should just stab that guy in the ribs with a spoke, walk away with your bike and go elsewhere if you dont wanna attempt fixing it yourself.

Their skills are waaay superior to mine.

I just watch the Cyclelab mechanics in awe

Askies?