Street Lights in Pretoria East??

Saffa_G

hey guys anyone ridden at night lately in Pretoria East?  especially between Jacqueline Drive and Atterbury road and Old Farm on Hans strydom?  none of the street lights are working there?  I rode there last night around 7pm and was shocked at how dark it is?

you guys think that there is really a problem with the lights or have the government decided to save electricity by turnign them off in different areas at different times?  Could this be the reason?

It's getting crazy out there. .... Angry

Saffa_G2008-06-30 00:47:16

I used to run at night in that area Saffa - always been dark.  Down Atterbury towards De Ville Bois is just as dark.  There are lights I think - they just don't work.

yeah, I suppose .... I just got very very angry while riding there ...  it is so dangerous and so so cruddy that we have such poor services :(  

Probably because of cable thieves

I read in the latest Record about an uncovered "bandits' nest", I think on the corner of Garsfontein and Hans Strydom, where they also found copper cables. Unfortunately they didn't catch the guys (yet).

I found these numbers on the Metro's website if you want to report it, Saffa G: (012) 358 6667/6690/6606.
Rakker2008-06-30 02:53:32

thanks!!  I jus reported it ....

Let's see how long it will take them to fix it...

thanks!!  I jus reported it ....

Let's see how long it will take them to fix it...

NEVER!!!!!!! the east is becomming like the west here in pretoria.....

here in Centurion, in the street where i'm staying, lights were off the whole of last week.

and three mornings last week the lights on the N1 were off as well.

this morning, some of the lights were off at Buccluch interchange.

i'm thinking Eskom is starting  again. . . . the "save electricity" ads on radio are back as well.

here in Centurion' date=' in the street where i'm staying, lights were off the whole of last week.

and three mornings last week the lights on the N1 were off as well.

this morning, some of the lights were off at Buccluch interchange.

i'm thinking Eskom is starting  again. . . . the "save electricity" ads on radio are back as well.
[/quote']

i think so too ... their way of load shedding .... because it is usually a whole lot of street lights  ..... at least tell us so that we don't b1tch and moan like i do :)