Wanted: 32mm Fork Foam rings

ByronH

Hoping someone out there can help...

Very diligently did my Fox Fork Service last night and near the end... as I was pushing the stanchions back into the legs, it caught hold of a brand new foam ring and ripped it...  :cursing: So had to clean one of the old foams thoroughly and use that instead...

Anybody out there have a spare 32 mm foam ring around? Or know where I can get one.. happy to pay for it, but not happy to buy another full fork seal kit at R600 for just one little foam ring...

Hoping someone out there can help...

Very diligently did my Fox Fork Service last night and near the end... as I was pushing the stanchions back into the legs, it caught hold of a brand new foam ring and ripped it...  :cursing: So had to clean one of the old foams thoroughly and use that instead...

Anybody out there have a spare 32 mm foam ring around? Or know where I can get one.. happy to pay for it, but not happy to buy another full fork seal kit at R600 for just one little foam ring...

Your LBS should have some....But I have ordered from Bike Mob before...(Order a couple of spare ones for the good times like now....!)

https://bikemob.co.za/products/rockshox32x4mmfoamring?variant=12677210079317

Edited by Mojoman

Ok so I went to my LBS... unfortunately they only sell RockShox foam rings separately. Fox, you need to buy as part of a kit... money making racket.

So if anyone out there has some fox foam rings (32mm), Plz let me know.

Foam rings from RS forks like Reba and Recon should do the trick

ya I'm thinking of doing that anyway... two bike shops said 'no'....'you will feel the difference between the two foam rings"...  :eek:

ya I'm thinking of doing that anyway... two bike shops said 'no'....'you will feel the difference between the two foam rings"... :eek:

That’s total rubbish. I build 10 forks a week and there is ZERO difference in feel.

Yes the porosity of the RS rings is more and they hold more oil compared to the Fox. Besides that. No difference.

The reason for them is purely to lubricate the stations and upper bush.

I am all for doing things right. And always advocate Oem or “the best” option if there is no requirements (eg shifter cables)

But as you said. Spending 600 bucks on a new kit.

The RS foams are the next best thing.

Next option if you want Oem. Is to clean your old foam ring with IPA. But they do stretch so they loose their snug fit on the stanchions.

Edited by boosted gp

That’s total rubbish. I build 10 forks a week and there is ZERO difference in feel.

Yes the porosity of the RS rings is more and they hold more oil compared to the Fox. Besides that. No difference.

The reason for them is purely to lubricate the stations and upper bush.

I am all for doing things right. And always advocate Oem or “the best” option if there is no requirements (eg shifter cables)

But as you said. Spending 600 bucks on a new kit.

The RS foams are the next best thing.

Next option if you want Oem. Is to clean your old foam ring with IPA. But they do stretch so they loose their snug fit on the stanchions.

Thanks very much! Sorry for only spotting your post now...