Cycling in George over Christmas

edkin

I'm going to the George area over the Christmas period and want to mtb around the dam area. I have cycled there before and its been great. 

I want to inquire:

1) Has the area become a hot spot (Dangerous) from the point of view of hijackings and/or attacks lately?

2) Does a person need a permit to cycle in the area? If so, where can I get one.

Thanks upfront for any info/guidance

Edited by edkin

Also keen to know...

Await feedback.

I'm going to the George area over the Christmas period and want to mtb around the dam area. I have cycled there before and its been great. 

I want to inquire:

1) Has the area become a hot spot (Dangerous) from the point of view of hijackings and/or attacks lately?

2) Does a person need a permit to cycle in the area? If so, where can I get one.

Thanks upfront for any info/guidance

@ Edkin perhaps we can do a meet up.

Also keen to know...

Await feedback.

@ Edkin perhaps we can do a meet up.

I was there this weekend, can access from the dam entrance, the lady didn't ask for any permits, just greeted us in. Trails were awesome well done Hill Billy's!

Couldn't get in from the Campus, they were calling hotspot Covid restrictions to the Uni, they however suggested the dam entrance. 7 passes was also very quiet, definitely felt safe all over.  :thumbup:

Hy guys, im the admin on the biggest mtb whatsapp group in the area. Send me a whatsapp on 081 018 2552 and il add you to the group. There you can ask about routes and if people are going out. There are ride in every direction every day. When you go back home just exit the group. 

Never a good idea to cycle alone. Especially in the witfontein area and quarry. 

Cheers, 

Warren

We try to do rides as a group once or twice in the week and then a slightly longer one over the weekend. But the idea of it is that cycling alone isnt a good idea you can post when you want to ride and there will always be someone to ride with. 

Hy guys, im the admin on the biggest mtb whatsapp group in the area. Send me a whatsapp on 081 018 2552 and il add you to the group. There you can ask about routes and if people are going out. There are ride in every direction every day. When you go back home just exit the group. 

Never a good idea to cycle alone. Especially in the witfontein area and quarry. 

Cheers, 

Warren

Cycling alone on the 7 passes road? Wilderness to George and back on a road bike. Apparently it’s safe on your own.

Cycling alone on the 7 passes road? Wilderness to George and back on a road bike. Apparently it’s safe on your own.

Yes thats quite safe to do. 90% tar road. Actually all tar road if you stay right and not go down whites road. 

Its only when you go past wilderness to Hoekwil that you need be with a few mates. The climb over steel bridge has seen its fair share of problems in recent times.