Series Land Rover

Spokey

I bought a Land Rover Discovery 4 many years ago and heard ALL of the jokes. 

Hand on heart, it was the best vehicle I have ever owned.

I miss that car.

Will be watching this thread closely as a bystander!

Which engine? I think that was the model where one of the engines had issues with crankshafts breaking?

On a side note, you have a rav4 now? Even better than that? I know they different classes of vehicle but in a way the 2 brands are competitors in the category the OP wants to buy into. 

Which engine? I think that was the model where one of the engines had issues with crankshafts breaking?

On a side note, you have a rav4 now? Even better than that? I know they different classes of vehicle but in a way the 2 brands are competitors in the category the OP wants to buy into.

i had the v6 diesel.

And yes, even better than my brand new rav 4.

Yesterday at Atlantis dunes I met a Series 2

I was super impressed how well it did wit a underpowered engine

That looks like fun. There are some good examples around at the moment but I am only home late March. Hope to have time to see a few then.

I am actually very much into the early TD5 90/110 as well. Have not dropped that on the missus yet! Decisions..........

That looks like fun. There are some good examples around at the moment but I am only home late March. Hope to have time to see a few then.

I am actually very much into the early TD5 90/110 as well. Have not dropped that on the missus yet! Decisions..........

I think they (SWB / 90) are perfect vehicles if you enjoy a quirky but very offroad capable vehicle now and then (like an XT 500 or even a BSA/Triumph single) as well as mechanical work. Not recommended as a daily drive (me anyway). I had tremendous fun in a Series 1 that opened up Lesotho and Botswana as well as many local 4x4 informal tracks. Of course it also taught me a great deal about the mechanics of simple cars; British style.

• 4 weeks later...

My Td5 Defender was on of my favorite vehicles ever... happy happy memories!

Grew up with a 1978 series 3 109 in the family. Long slow drives to Sodwana and Mozambique, up the beach to Mabibi, Even more happy memories!