Law Question

JJDT

Following the saga of the motor warranty thread I will rather post the law question here.

I took one of my friends who does motor engineering for a living with me yesterday to inspect my daugters car just to have his opinion. We met up with the mechanic and had a nice long chat with him and my friend agrees with the mechanic that there was some premature failure on the piston rings. He informed us that he was the person that submitted the report that a new motor is needed based on the fact that the km's is very low and that marks on the sleeve of the cyclinder does not look right to him. Opel SA rejected this and would only settle for replacement on new rings and new big end bearings.

Now the question regarding Power of Attorney.

Seeing that my daughter is the legal owner of the car and I want to lodge a complaint on the Motor Industries Ombudsman. I went to the page and when I wanted to complete the form I saw this disclaimer:

"If authorized to act on the complainant's behalf in terms of Section 4 of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008 (CPA).
Please attach a certified copy of your original mandate or Power of Attorney (POA), as well as the reason for obtaining your mandate or POA"

If we need to go this route she needs to give me the power in order to act on her behalf as per above statement?

Why I want to lodge the complaint on behalf of her is that she lacks technical knowledge and I feel I can better express myself when I want to state my side of the story.

If this should be the case will it be easier if I write down what she needs to state in the complaint? The only possible negative from this is when they might contact her for more information she will not be able to answer questions.

Following the saga of the motor warranty thread I will rather post the law question here.

I took one of my friends who does motor engineering for a living with me yesterday to inspect my daugters car just to have his opinion. We met up with the mechanic and had a nice long chat with him and my friend agrees with the mechanic that there was some premature failure on the piston rings. He informed us that he was the person that submitted the report that a new motor is needed based on the fact that the km's is very low and that marks on the sleeve of the cyclinder does not look right to him. Opel SA rejected this and would only settle for replacement on new rings and new big end bearings.

Now the question regarding Power of Attorney.

Seeing that my daughter is the legal owner of the car and I want to lodge a complaint on the Motor Industries Ombudsman. I went to the page and when I wanted to complete the form I saw this disclaimer:

"If authorized to act on the complainant's behalf in terms of Section 4 of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008 (CPA).

Please attach a certified copy of your original mandate or Power of Attorney (POA), as well as the reason for obtaining your mandate or POA"

If we need to go this route she needs to give me the power in order to act on her behalf as per above statement?

Why I want to lodge the complaint on behalf of her is that she lacks technical knowledge and I feel I can better express myself when I want to state my side of the story.

If this should be the case will it be easier if I write down what she needs to state in the complaint? The only possible negative from this is when they might contact her for more information she will not be able to answer questions.

If it were me, as she is the owner of the vehicle and to not over complicate this i would give her the information and use "her" voice to lodge this case. She does not need to know the technical aspects to the depth and can call on you to speak on her behalf. POA will require costs and no guarantee of success.