Titan Cypher rs elite wheelsize?

Johnny 55

Hi guys.

I see on my titan it states that the max tyre size allowable is 2.35. the current rims are 22mm inner width. i want to buy a new wheelset with a 29mm inner width diametre. i just need some advice pleawse as i dont wanna waste 9k on a wheelset. thank you guys.

peace. :thumbup:

I think you'll be fine, I ran a 2.35(schwalbe) on a 30mm I'd in a frame with fairly narrow chainstays and only got a tiny bit of rub when in serious mud.

. The titan is boost front and rear, right?

The 2.35 tyre has about 6mm of clearance on the stock rim.

on a 30mm inner width rim you will reduce that clearance. Depending on how stiff the wheels are and the rear triangle you may get rub rub aginst the seat stays. That would not be covered under warranty

I think you'll be fine, I ran a 2.35(schwalbe) on a 30mm I'd in a frame with fairly narrow chainstays and only got a tiny bit of rub when in serious mud.

. The titan is boost front and rear, right?

Hi yes its boost all the way.Thanks.

Boost doesn't help much at the rear as how the seat stays and BB to chainstays junctions are shaped plays a stronger role in determining your max tyre size. The fork will probably accomodate a 2.4 on a 30mm rim comfortably. The rear.... not so much

It definitely works.

I fitted a 2.4 Onza Ibex no issues. No rub at all with a set of Lyne 30mm ID XC wheels.

Those have pretty pronounced side knobs, so I would suggest a more rounded 'rear' tire with less side knob like a Maxxis Aggressor/Ardent Race/Ikon would fit pretty comfortably.

I now have a Spaz Purgatory 2.3 and it is a sweet spot of note.

Edited by Jewbacca