BB92 alternatives

Delarey

He (Hambini) actually has an episode about this - small balls in big holes for 30mm spindles (are we still talking about bearings?)

He also mentioned what you wrote.... that the bearing ends up too thin and that in conjunction with the other possible flaws end up eating bb bearings. He’s a definite shimano fan but explained why a 24mm spindle and fatter bearing leads to better life and performance overall.

He is a Shimano BB fan because they work. It is one of the few products that Shimano makes that are truly best in class. Maybe not sexy, superlight etc. but Bomb proof.

He is a Shimano BB fan because they work. It is one of the few products that Shimano makes that are truly best in class. Maybe not sexy, superlight etc. but Bomb proof.

I agree. Where I can, or when i put bikes together for friends and family i always put shimano bb's. Those mt800 bb's at around R300-500 on a special are bulletproof. My MTB has a PF40 BB shell, the only thing I truly hate about it,  so I bought one of those conversion Praxis to Shimano BB's and ive not really serviced or replaced bearings in it since getting it in 2018. I took it out once and gave it some surface grease when I broke a derailleur hanger and plonked a ECC WheelMFG bb in there to run the bike SS for a while. That was a piece of shiiiit to btw. overpriced garbage. The Praxis to shimano conversion has been creek free and smooth as butter even after roughly 5000km. I had them fully submerged even at some river crossings at a few events in 2019. The bigger/deeper bearings do seem to help. 

eTHIRTEEN BB91-41-30 (bb91-41mm pressfit cups/ 30mm spindle)

Double row bearings,1 year no questions asked warranty on this product.

Where would one find this 

getstokedonline.co.za are the E*thirteen agents but its not listed on their public site but it is in the b2b site

Where would one find this 

Morning,I can get it ordered for you no problem.

Send me a pm if you are in need of one

1-3 working days to your portch