RockShox Recon Silver RL vs. Suntour Epixon Epicon XC ?

kallie469

Appart from the circumstances of a 27.5'' and a straight steerer, which one of these forks has the upper hand?

RockShox Recon Silver RL Suspension Fork 27.5" 100mm (2000g) (Bout 6.5k including all import duties and shipping)

or

Suntour Epixon Epicon XC Air Fork 27.5  120mm with Remote lockout (1800g) (Bout 4.5k including all import duties and shipping)

My Epicon for my 26in bike is adjustable (although you do have to open it up to move a pin on a shaft) from 80-140mm I think it is...
Had mine for almost 10 years odd..no Issues...

There is a bike shop in Rustenburg (I cant remember the name now, at the 'Magalies Mall' or something) that sourced a straight steerer fork locally for my 29er...

Suntour Epicon all the way, when comparing to Recon Silver.

I had the Raidon in my HT and it worked well without any problems. My son still has it in his Titan, and still working well. Epicon is higher spec than the Raidon.

Probably around Reba level ?? or there about in my view.

I think Suntour is normally rated badly cause they are associated with those low end bike forks they make 

31 minutes ago, kallie469 said:

I think Suntour is normally rated badly cause they are associated with those low end bike forks they make 

Agree. Those are the coil XCT & XCM models. Think you used to get a coil XCR as well, but now the XCR is a very decent air fork.

Their Air forks are not bad at all.

When it comes to Small Bump Sensitivity the RockShox has the Magic.

Suntour are not Bad Forks and Are Easy to Service, Long Lasting etc etc but they need a good hit to get moving.

Cheap as Well.