Hot Foot

JJDT

1 hour ago, TCTG said:

Well then maybe some adjustment is required or the signs were there from the start already and you ignored it, thinking you needed to ride the shoe in first...????‍♂️

If it was there from the start I would've know something is not right. If I had the issue from the start I would've returned the shoes. Will look at small adjust ments and take it from there.

15 minutes ago, JJDT said:

If it was there from the start I would've know something is not right. If I had the issue from the start I would've returned the shoes. Will look at small adjust ments and take it from there.

Again anecdotal, but I find hot foot to be cumulative, at least for me it is. Once set off, it seemed to always be there and set on earlier. For me a really long ride could set it off and from there I was screwed. Sometimes I got it while riding with my laaitie in the street wearing plakkies.

With my new shoes I haven’t had it yet, but also haven’t done more than a three hour ride yet so I am still paranoid. 

8 hours ago, JulienR said:

How do you modify your shoes to push the cleats further back? I am keen to learn and try this out.

I use mtb shoes and pedals on all my bikes, mtb shoe cleat slots are easier to modify than road shoes.

I then mark out the extra 12 mm length in line with the existing slots with a marker pen, then use a dremel and rat tile file to cut the cleat slots. You cant go to far backward this way because the curved shape of the sole tends to make the cleat engagement less secure (unclips to easy),  i also lower my saddle height a few mm's to accommodate for slightly less ankle leverage. Its basically a compromise between mid foot cleat and normal cleat positioning

Have a look at this article by Steve Hogg which deals with cleat positioning

POWER TO THE PEDAL - CLEAT POSITION - The Steve Hogg Bike Fitting Team