Stolen: Giant Propel (Western Cape)

Dyl

Stolen: Giant Propel

Where: Fish Hoek, Cape Town, Western Cape

I found this bike advertised on Facebook. It looks pretty suspect. But I don’t want to point fingers if it’s not stolen. So I’ll take the post down if someone either says it’s not stolen or in a few days. Here is the link to the add: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1092248841530180

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section.

31 minutes ago, copperhead said:

What makes you think it is stolen? Or was your bike stolen? I think I am lost here.

The ad looks suspect to me. So I was just putting it here in case someone’s bike was stolen. But I’ll take it down. There’s a post about it in the forum anyway

14 minutes ago, Barry said:

The add is for Cash Crusaders 

I think It's pretty unusual for a bike like that to be sold to cash crusaders. But I have deleted the "stolen bike ad."

24 minutes ago, 117 said:

Same same

Yeh, I noticed after I posted the "ad." I've deleted it.

1 minute ago, Dyl said:

I think It's pretty unusual for a bike like that to be sold to cash crusaders. But I have deleted the "stolen bike ad."

It happens more ofter than one would think. High-end bikes end up pawned for quick cash then sold when owners can't pay. But yes stolen bikes end up in the mix.

3 minutes ago, Barry said:

It happens more ofter than one would think. High-end bikes end up pawned for quick cash then sold when owners can't pay. But yes stolen bikes end up in the mix.

Example this Fuji Supreme sitting at a Cash Crusaders. Owner needed cash bike is still new but not stolen.

Screenshot_20220103-094236.jpg