brake bracket adapter

Francois Venter

I got new shimano Deore XT 4 pot brakes today. My back rotors is 150mm rotors and I’m not sure what size brake bracket to hold my caliper I need. Is there a specific one I need for my frame? Or are they universal but a bit taller to fit the bigger rotors? If you know anything please let me know. I have a 2019 titan drone elite size XXL. Thanks

As far as I know they don't make 150mm rotors. But that's besides the point. You should be able to mount them the same way your previous brakes were mounted, including any spacers/adapters that they used.

For reference, a few months ago I went from the XT M8000 2-pot brakes to the M8100 4-pot brakes and just mounted them using exactly the same spacers/adapters (or lack thereof).

11 hours ago, Jehosefat said:

As far as I know they don't make 150mm rotors. But that's besides the point. You should be able to mount them the same way your previous brakes were mounted, including any spacers/adapters that they used.

For reference, a few months ago I went from the XT M8000 2-pot brakes to the M8100 4-pot brakes and just mounted them using exactly the same spacers/adapters (or lack thereof).

Just a quick question? I had someone asking after a set of those XT brakes. 

Did you sell them yet?

2 hours ago, King_Crispy said:

Just a quick question? I had someone asking after a set of those XT brakes. 

Did you sell them yet?

I have not sold them but my fiance may be a touch upset if I take them off her bike.

Sorry

On 2/20/2022 at 7:06 PM, Francois Venter said:

I got new shimano Deore XT 4 pot brakes today. My back rotors is 150mm rotors and I’m not sure what size brake bracket to hold my caliper I need. Is there a specific one I need for my frame? Or are they universal but a bit taller to fit the bigger rotors? If you know anything please let me know. I have a 2019 titan drone elite size XXL. Thanks

2 pot and 4 pot uses the same bracket but you can always add a few spacers to get the rotor to run freely inside the caliper and not catch the top. But ya, it will either be a 140mm or 160mm rotor at the back which comes standard. However, that does not bother me, what catches my eye is the XXL 😃