If Even Nino Schurter uses a Garmin Edge 130…

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Check the back light settings isn’t on full brightness. That will chow your battery

Did a bit of googling, and checking the settings ...

Screenshot_20220319-170449_Chrome.jpg.a454224a862d46dda06e991dc4f9e49c.jpg

I have made a few changes ..... will see on the next long ride what the effect is of lowering the backlight setting, and swithing off Glonass

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful with switching of glonass as you will lose a bit of resolution. GPS is usually sufficient but I find I do a lot less altitude correction (except for really foul overcast days) when glonass is enabled 

so it becomes a matter of a resolution vs battery life

I've got the 530, with GPS on, mapping and heart rate linked, I'm getting probably close to 20 hours out of it. 

2 hour ride pulls around 10 to 12%, depending on how much I'm changing screens to check maps etc. 

Really impressed

I was keeping an eye on the various makes of computer at the prologue today, the most popular choice was hands down Wahoo Elemnt, the Bolt standing out the most. Includes mapping, great refresh rate, integrated with my kickr for syncing training peaks workouts (Garmin does this too, but it’s such a klunky interface and you can’t control the Kickr or restart a segment etc)

5 minutes ago, Kom said:

I was keeping an eye on the various makes of computer at the prologue today, the most popular choice was hands down Wahoo Elemnt, the Bolt standing out the most. Includes mapping, great refresh rate, integrated with my kickr for syncing training peaks workouts (Garmin does this too, but it’s such a klunky interface and you can’t control the Kickr or restart a segment etc)

I noticed-thing is everyone is so into one or the other so hard to get a balance. So am I, lol