Cycling Club/Group in Table View Area, Cape Town

ChaseTheAce

Hi All,

I have decided that cycling alone, and on Zwift can get lonely at times.
I would like to join an active club/group to improve my training and road riding, learning about what events are on, training plans, where to ride, licencing, etc.
Maybe make some chom's along the way too.

Are there any good clubs within the Table View area that I can contact?
I only know of the Outriders, are there any others around?
I am originally from the Southern Suburbs, so things are still foreign here for me after 6 years 
😆

Edited by ChaseTheAce
Adjusted for bad spelling ;)

As chairman of East Coast Cycling Club, the largest cycling club in KZN and having had the pleasure of riding with the Outriders whenever I am in Cape Town to visit my daughter, I can honestly say you need look no further.  A great bunch of guys and girls, at least 4 batches on a weekend ride, regular rides on a Tuesday and Thursday and excellent communication from the chairman.  Plus they are definitely the closest to you.

Just do it!

Two of the biggest clubs in the area already mentioned.

Otherwise touch base with the LBS in the area ... they are often at the centre of group rides.

Cycles Direct and CycleTeknix come to mind.

PS: if you were active in the southern suburbs, let me know who that was with. 😊

1 hour ago, ChaseTheAce said:

Hi All,

I have decided that cycling alone, and on Zwift can get lonely at times.
I would like to join an active club/group to improve my training and road riding, learning about what events are on, training plans, where to ride, licencing, etc.
Maybe make some chom's along the way too.

Are there any good clubs within the Table View area that I can contact?
I only know of the Outriders, are there any others around?
I am originally from the Southern Suburbs, so things are still foreign here for me after 6 years 
😆

City Cycling and Athletics Club

https://www.citycyclingclub.co.za/

very active group and they have a group ride for all abilities

Then probably reach out to City Cycling rather, they really have all types of riders, all the way up to elite. Outriders seems more chilled

Just now, ChaseTheAce said:

Thanks all for the feedback. I'll reach out to those okes!
I wanna go fast, so looking for some gurus 

They have a fast group as well. There was probably 6 in the & race groups

A few members ride under slightly different kit in red and black CCC Engelhart Engineering and a few Pure Savages are also members at City

3 hours ago, Thomo said:

Two of the biggest clubs in the area already mentioned.

Otherwise touch base with the LBS in the area ... they are often at the centre of group rides.

Cycles Direct and CycleTeknix come to mind.

PS: if you were active in the southern suburbs, let me know who that was with. 😊

Cycle Teknix used to have their own club, but that seems to be no more. Cycles Direct and Forward in Motion are both associated with the Outriders.

3 minutes ago, HenryS said:

Cycle Teknix used to have their own club, but that seems to be no more. Cycles Direct and Forward in Motion are both associated with the Outriders.

Thanks, I have had a hit and a miss with them. Sometimes there's somebody at the shop willing to chat to you sometimes not. Good to know about tha affilaition of the other shops.

I think I have all I need for now 😃

3 hours ago, ChaseTheAce said:

Thanks all for the feedback. I'll reach out to those okes!
I wanna go fast, so looking for some gurus 

How fast do you want to go ? I have 5x5mins to do tomorrow, 5ish start from corner of sandown/r27, on the way to kloof/suikerbossie

4 hours ago, Jbr said:

How fast do you want to go ? I have 5x5mins to do tomorrow, 5ish start from corner of sandown/r27, on the way to kloof/suikerbossie

I said I wanna go fast, doesn't mean that I actually am 😆

I'm just getting back from off 1.5 weeks being sick, so would like to build it back up. I'll have to raincheck.

8 hours ago, Jbr said:

Then probably reach out to City Cycling rather, they really have all types of riders, all the way up to elite. Outriders seems more chilled

Saw the Outriders in Philladelphia.

Very nice group.

P-5.jpg.afd351a353c398a0dffddb17cc06b988.jpg