Zero Stack 41/30 Headset Bottom Cup / Bearing

Wannabe

I'm looking for the above headset cup/bearing to get my Gravel Grinder / Hybrid bike turning properly.

I do not have have R800 to pay for a Hope or similar top of the range item.

SYNCROS ZS44/28.6 - ZS44/30 Headset

Contact Evobikes.

The cheaper ones are usually only available in a complete headset assembly so you would probably have to buy the complete one.

For the bottom cup that I wanted for my Cannondale the Hope one was R900 for only the cup, excluding race or bearing.

My bad, Guys.

After some more precise measuring of my headset cups (using a vernier), it transpired I need a ZS41/30 cup/bearing. These seems to be more readily available.

Must add for more clarity, this is for a 1 1/8th Straight steerer fork. (rigid fork on my hybrid bike)

Edited by Wannabe

4 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I am 95% sure that I will be able to assist you with this 

See my amended heading. 

4 hours ago, Rolf Hansen said:

Contact Evobikes.

The cheaper ones are usually only available in a complete headset assembly so you would probably have to buy the complete one.

For the bottom cup that I wanted for my Cannondale the Hope one was R900 for only the cup, excluding race or bearing.

Been to Janos, they do not have in stock what I need.

Thanks Robert.

Received the package this morning, fitted it (after a bit of a pow-wow with Robert) and most of the flex/movement is now gone. There is still a bit of flex, but I suspect that could be from the Shimano cup 'n cone hubs that will need a bit of fine tuning. (if I grab the fork and try and move it backwards and forwards, there is no flex. With the wheel fitted, there is some flex. When I grab and hold the wheel firm whilst rocking, there is no flex, therefore my presumption that it could be the hubs that's the culprits now) Hope my ramblings makes sense. ☺️

You may also feel some "rocking" from the brake action. 

To check the cup and cone bearing play hold one fork leg with one hand and the tyre/rim with the other and feel for lateral play.

David, I did check it the same time, and there was lateral play.

Will take some time tomorrow to try and fine tune it a bit more. (spent about an hour on it a few weeks back)

Can't wait till I can upgrade to proper wheels with sealed bearings, so over this Shimano crap.