[Event] Berg & Bush Descent

DM2022

Event Name: Berg & Bush Descent
When: 16/06/2023 - 18/06/2023
Where: Hambrook, KwaZulu-Natal
Category: Mountain Bike

The Berg & Descent is the iconic three-day stage race in Winterton, KZN, where you start in the Free State and finish in KwaZulu-Natal. Riders start at Windmill Farm on the top of Oliviershoek Pass and make their way along the Escarpment before dropping into KZN on some of the most beautiful twisting and turning trails in South Africa. The Drakensberg scenery, with the mountain often snow-capped, only adds to the drama. Riders finish Day 1 at the Em'seni Race Village near Winterton on the banks of the Tugela and start and finish the next two days from the same location. Highlights include unique bushveld trails, lovingly crafted by the owner-organisers, and the famous climb up Spioenkop followed by the more famous descent down Spioenkop.

Go to Event Page.

1 hour ago, Wannabe said:

I'm having a serious look at this.

Furiously scribbling amounts on a piece of paper to see if I can squeeze it out of my tight budget. 

Go on, make it happen, it really is a great event. Well organized and terrific trails 

On 11/24/2022 at 12:55 PM, Wannabe said:

Furiously scribbling amounts on a piece of paper to see if I can squeeze it out of my tight budget. 

They offer a payment plan for the entry. It is part of the entry process.

On 11/24/2022 at 12:55 PM, Wannabe said:

Do it! You won't be disappointed. The one to do if you're only going to do one in 2023!

• 1 month later...