Wheelbuilder Pretoria East...

Fat Boab

Hi,

Would anyone have a recommendation for a quality wheelbuilder in the Pretoria East area?

And whilst I'm at it, a good bike shopping the area? Singletrack Cycles seems to be closest to me but I don't hsve any experience of them...

TIA.

Hotspot Cycles has a good wheel builder. I was quite impressed with their service as well, I had to replace my hubs on my wheels and it happened during covid, Decided to build a complete new wheelset, but no one could source a set of rims within my budget. 

So I had the Hubs fitted on my old rims, Mauritz refused to do it on the one rim as their were cracks along the spoke holes, he replaced it with another rim of similar quality and use without charging me as he could not find any new ones within the budget. 

Will recommend them for services as well. 

• 5 months later...
On 11/17/2022 at 11:27 AM, Spinnekop said:

Singletrack is good yes.  Barend is always willing to help and his stock is not bad at all.

I have built up a couple of wheels at Hotspot Cycles.  Mauritz will be the guy to talk to.

Hi, any ideas on what the price to build the wheels was?

Have spokes, hubs, nipples etc, so just need someone to put it together.