Trails in Gqeberha

Beenie

Hey hubbers,

I’ll be spending some time in PE this December - any nice safe trails you suggest? I’ll be riding alone, so safety is a factor. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Hi

Fat tracks @ profile gym, they also do group rides.

Norm hudlin trails

Crossways

And u can join the roadies for group rides😂😂 mon-sun

Yep, Baakens River is safe. Just be carefull in the bottom sections. Crossways is safe and has a lot of trails.

1 hour ago, Brawler said:

I'm also heading there.

Is it worth taking an Enduro bike?

Minimal elevation in PE, some fun sections in baakens valley for enduro bikes but 99% xc trails. If you happy to pedal an enduro bike crossways (3riverstrails) has some decent decents. But an xco / trail bike would be optimal

20 hours ago, Beenie said:

Hey hubbers,

I’ll be spending some time in PE this December - any nice safe trails you suggest? I’ll be riding alone, so safety is a factor. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

The Port Elizabeth Golf Club also has some singletrack loops that flow nicely for an in-town place to ride

17 hours ago, WaynejG said:

Yep, Baakens River is safe. Just be carefull in the bottom sections. Crossways is safe and has a lot of trails.

I was once warned about the section from River Road, Walmer into Settlers Park to the bridge at the bottom of Brickmaker's...any info on that section

6 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Minimal elevation in PE, some fun sections in baakens valley for enduro bikes but 99% xc trails. If you happy to pedal an enduro bike crossways (3riverstrails) has some decent decents. But an xco / trail bike would be optimal

thank you. I don't love long pedals on the Enduro bike (downhill tyres suck up hills). I'm on the waiting list for a Roscoe so hopefully it comes soon. Otherwise I will just take my jump bike :)

5 minutes ago, capediver said:

I was once warned about the section from River Road, Walmer into Settlers Park to the bridge at the bottom of Brickmaker's...any info on that section

Yes, that section is best done with other riders. Give me a shout when you here. I am on leave from the 15th and will happily tag along if I am available. From River road back up to the start is pretty safe.

5 minutes ago, Brawler said:

thank you. I don't love long pedals on the Enduro bike (downhill tyres suck up hills). I'm on the waiting list for a Roscoe so hopefully it comes soon. Otherwise I will just take my jump bike :)

Nice little skatepark on PE beachfront, although over Christmas new years I would avoid.

GrassRoof have a nice tar pump track with some smaller jumps and an airbag if you do bring your jumpbike

For roadies:

And Seaview....

For Seaview, avoid the intersection of Buffelsfontein and 10th Ave, leave or return via Glendor Road thru Pari mPark/Mount Pleasant if you want to close the loop