New Mtb Tyres

figjam_sa

So with my shiny new rims I'm adding some shiny new tires for race season. This is mostly Marathon type mtb stuff with gravel, loose over hard and hard packed. 

Schwalbe Racing Ray front and Racing Ralph rear in Superground casing (2.35) - I know they are a bit heavy but apparently they are the bees knees..

Aspen/Rekon Race or just Aspen (2.4 WT). If a mix between the two... I was thinking Aspen rear and Rekon Race front? The RR has bigger side knobs to grip when leaned over.. 

For my wife I was thinking Ikon rear and Ardent Race front. Bit more grippy, but still fast rolling.

Then I want to use my old rims as a training set for when Im on the road. Tire options are Maxxis Rambler and Schwalbe G-one Bite. Any experience with them?

5 hours ago, figjam_sa said:

Then I want to use my old rims as a training set for when Im on the road. Tire options are Maxxis Rambler and Schwalbe G-one Bite. Any experience with them?

Schwalbe G-One Bite is the better option in my opinion. Currently running the g-one RS on the gravel bike. Very impressed. 

Then I want to use my old rims as a training set for when Im on the road. Tire options are Maxxis Rambler and Schwalbe G-one Bite. Any experience with them? QUOTE 

Why go to the expense of Maxxis or Schwalbe for road use . I ride a hard tail on the road daily with CST slick tyres tubeless( R200 odd at CL )  . I have done close on 8000km on a pair and can hardly see the wear factor between front and back . They are a bitch to fit and get seated but once filled with sealant they roll beautifully . I often have to jump onto pavements or take avoidance action onto gravel and rocky sections and they are good for that . Don't do single or lose sandy roads you will then know why MTB's have knobble tyres .