Garmin xc 100 buyer's advice

Kingofthemountains

Hi KOM

I've bought a set of XC100 pedals last year March.  Easy to install and easy to link to your Garmin app and watch. Easy to calibrate.  Didn't even bother to fit the Garmin cleats and continued with my Shimano cleats.  

Be aware to tighten the battery cap of the Left pedal and the end cap of the Right pedal properly.  You don't want to lose them. 

Initial battery life was good for about 100hrs and the replacement (LR44 x 2, Duracell) about 80-90hrs. 

2x software updates since March that corrected an issue where the remaining battery life indication was not working properly. 

Power readouts are 100% stable.

This set was installed on my gravel bike and I bought a 2nd set in Sept that I swop between my other bikes, but this was not really needed, since it is very easy to swop the pedals.

2 hours ago, Underachiever said:

Hi KOM

I've bought a set of XC100 pedals last year March.  Easy to install and easy to link to your Garmin app and watch. Easy to calibrate.  Didn't even bother to fit the Garmin cleats and continued with my Shimano cleats.  

Be aware to tighten the battery cap of the Left pedal and the end cap of the Right pedal properly.  You don't want to lose them. 

Initial battery life was good for about 100hrs and the replacement (LR44 x 2, Duracell) about 80-90hrs. 

2x software updates since March that corrected an issue where the remaining battery life indication was not working properly. 

Power readouts are 100% stable.

This set was installed on my gravel bike and I bought a 2nd set in Sept that I swop between my other bikes, but this was not really needed, since it is very easy to swop the pedals.

Would you been keen on selling your second pair? I’m also on the market for a set. 🫣

1 hour ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Would you been keen on selling your second pair? I’m also on the market for a set. 🫣

Nope 😞

BTW, I paid abt R13k a pop. Garmin ran a special a while back at less, see the latest price on their site is R14k.

4 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

Nope 😞

BTW, I paid abt R13k a pop. Garmin ran a special a while back at less, see the latest price on their site is R14k.

Yes that’s why I tried my luck, it’s become really expensive. For that price one could buy two crank based power meters to fit a road bike and a MTB. But I must say I’m keen to try the pedal based ones

Edited by PappaWatTrap

1 hour ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Yes that’s why I tried my luck, it’s become really expensive. For that price one could buy two crank based power meters to fit a road bike and a MTB. But I must say I’m keen to try the pedal based ones

Maybe I should by the 4iii system for the gravel bike.  Sell you that pair, then buy Lindt with the change 🙂

43 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

Maybe I should by the 4iii system for the gravel bike.  Sell you that pair, then buy Lindt with the change 🙂

How about I buy you the 4iiii setup plus the box of Lindt chocolate and exchange it for the pedals? 

(Hoping the 4iiii gen 2 shimano R7000  would be all you need and want)🫣

2 Questions..

Why would you buy the pedal power meters rather than a crank based one?

Does it make the one side way heavier than the other?

Thanks in advance!

36 minutes ago, figjam_sa said:

2 Questions..

Why would you buy the pedal power meters rather than a crank based one?

Does it make the one side way heavier than the other?

Thanks in advance!

Flexibility in moving from one bike to the other.  Weight difference between left and right is insignificant.

Ah ok thanks. You bought 2? But you only use one per bike hey?

And these can be used with anything from Shimano M520 to Shimano Xtr pedals?

16 minutes ago, figjam_sa said:

Ah ok thanks. You bought 2? But you only use one per bike hey?

And these can be used with anything from Shimano M520 to Shimano Xtr pedals?

Figjam, you missed that I actually have the pedal system x2. 

40 minutes ago, figjam_sa said:

I got that. Just making sure if you bought the xc200 or xc100 (x2) and if so, why not just 1x xc200? 

I bought XC100 since the XC200's additional features doesn't interest me vs the on cost. 

Bought the 2nd XC100 set as an impulse buy since I am too lazy to constantly swop the pedals out from one bike to the next. 

1st set permanently on my gravel bike, 2nd set rotates between the MTB's and the road bikes. 

Ah ok, cool thanks. If a person wants to buy for road and mtb... what do you buy? Xc100, rk100, rs100? 

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

41 minutes ago, figjam_sa said:

Ah ok, cool thanks. If a person wants to buy for road and mtb... what do you buy? Xc100, rk100, rs100? 

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

I am still on Time pedals for road - and with a number of bikes and shoes, I don't want to switch to something else. No power options 😞 

So I'm running my XC100 MTB pedals on the road bike - the Velominati will die a 1000 deaths hearing this, but it's lekker to have the data points.