KS LEV Dropper Post

madmarc

Quick thread revival

So i was about to pull the trigger on a Lyne dropper and i did a last search for a new oil cartridge for my KS LEV to see if it could be salvaged.

Low and behold i see on their USA webpage that RBC in PE are now the new agents - When i was refered to them by Hurrcane Bikes above they couldnt help me

Dropped it off and its now fixed, all be it with the incorrect oil cartridge - Mine has the seat orientation on the top of the post which you can do at 20deg intervals - the one they used you can only orientate it by removing the cartridge and turning it between the vertical keys. I think their one is for internal cable, but it works.

Interestingly they actually found the cause of it not holding hydraulic pressure even after my 4 rebuilds - They found a crack in the cartridge in one of the vertical keyways - this even after i had pressure tested it at 250PSI - They operated the cartridge once it was removed and you can clearly see oil dripping out of the one keyway. 

But i'm stoked so if you have a KS LEV needing some work hit up RBC - they also have service spares in their shop which can be ordered online.

Edited by madmarc

1 hour ago, madmarc said:

Quick thread revival

So i was about to pull the trigger on a Lyne dropper and i did a last search for a new oil cartridge for my KS LEV to see if it could be salvaged.

Low and behold i see on their USA webpage that RBC in PE are now the new agents - When i was refered to them by Hurrcane Bikes above they couldnt help me

Dropped it off and its now fixed, all be it with the incorrect oil cartridge - Mine has the seat orientation on the top of the post which you can do at 20deg intervals - the one they used you can only orientate it by removing the cartridge and turning it between the vertical keys. I think their one is for internal cable, but it works.

Interestingly they actually found the cause of it not holding hydraulic pressure even after my 4 rebuilds - They found a crack in the cartridge in one of the vertical keyways - this even after i had pressure tested it at 250PSI - They operated the cartridge once it was removed and you can clearly see oil dripping out of the one keyway. 

But i'm stoked so if you have a KS LEV needing some work hit up RBC - they also have service spares in their shop which can be ordered online.

Robbies Bicycle Concept is one of the suspension gems we have here in SA. We also have our own Droo here in Cape Town. RBC, has taken on some really difficult brands in the past which i tip my hat to the for this because brands like DTswiss suspension and Xfusion did nt have very good support before RBC took them on. Thanks for the headsup on KS Lev because this does open up an avenue to an alternate dropper post. I've not been terribly happy with the sloppiness and play in my Lyne