trainerroad adaptive training

14 hours ago, Be4dawn said:

Mmmm dam … i was hoping one could sync outdoor unstructured rides and it would take that into account. I mean IDT aint the most fun thing to so so I want to be outside as much as possible. When work pressure is less IDT wil be less and more outside.

But I think the positives are way more than the negative and i just got a power meter so ccan atleast do a workout then when outside. 

im gonna sign up for the 30 day trail when zwift sub ends and give it a shot.

On their podcast they did mention that taking unstructured rides into account (and adjusting your plan, FTP etc) is currently being worked on. Just not ready for public release yet. So if that is the killer feature, you might want to wait a bit until that is released. 

I have a really hectic schedule and do not want to spend the extra mental energy making sure the training I get is good for the time I can spend on it. For that Trainer Road is perfect for me. I set up the plan, do the workouts that are prescribed, adjusting to longer or shorter (alternate workouts) as I have time. No faffing with FTP, TSS, periodisation etc, all done in the background taking my goal events into account.

I have Youtube or Spotify playing anyway in my workouts, the avatar thing never clicked for me. 

I am a long time TR user. The current setup is great. They are working on taking outdoor workouts into account for the progression levels. The comments made during the podcasts is that in most cases, the changes to the progression levels from outdoor rides is low. Definitely not what us mere mortals would expect.

I train indoors 3 days a week and try for one outdoor MTB ride on a Sunday. I have had no issues with the progression of the next weeks workouts. But i only ride outdoors once a week if I am lucky.

Outdoor rides do however count towards your AI FTP detection.

The blue graph can be reduced to the bottom of the screen & I watch motorsport on the rest of the screen.

I would give it a try for the 30 day money back option.

• 1 year later...

TR following hot on the heels of ZWIFT increase, with local VAT will bump it to $25.30 or approx. 470 ronds per month.

Sadly after many years i will have to say goodbye to my goto training App.

But I must say MyWhoosh and Indivelo are really great alternatives once you get them to work properly. 

image.png.99b448352a9eb53b21d52939bbef836a.png

I'll keep TR, although I am checking if it is possible to change to a yearly subscription before the price increase kicks in...