Scammer warninv

IronAss

Sorry to hear about this.

I see that you were approached by the wanted advert scammer earlier this morning. We flagged the account very shortly after it was created.

Wanted adverts are an easy target for scammers. We always advise that wanted ad posters:

1. Be extra vigilant. It's easy to fake knowledge when the seller knows what you want and can research it and find photos online.
  2. Avoid including your phone number as a contact option. The scammer wants to get you off Bike Hub and into unmoderated communications as quickly as possible.
  3. Use Bike Hub Pay.

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

I see that you were approach by the wanted advert scammer earlier this morning. We flagged the account very shortly after it was created.

Wanted adverts are an easy target for scammers. We always advise that wanted ad posters:

1. Be extra vigilant. It's easy to fake knowledge when the seller knows what you want and can research it and find photos online.
  2. Avoid including your phone number as a contact option. The scammer wants to get you off Bike Hub and into unmoderated communications as quickly as possible.
  3. Use Bike Hub Pay.

if something is to good to be true, it always is ...

new hubbers should be forced to use bikehub pay IMO until at least 3-5 successful sales have been executed.

40 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

Support Your Local Bicycle Shop.

They Really Need Your Business Right Now.

Most Of US Can't Afford The Prices of the new stuff 

42 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

Support Your Local Bicycle Shop.

They Really Need Your Business Right Now.

anecdotally and slightly off topic, but in support of this statement, ive made a couple of purchases on the hub lately where the condition of the item was not quite as advertised, or missing accessories i needed to buy.

in both cases, buying new from LBS would have been cheaper and probably quicker to get done.