Unveiling the MAGIC: ASS MAGIC Rebrands and Expands its Legendary Product Line for the Global Sports Market

News bot

Today, ASS MAGIC, South Africa’s premier anti-chafe chamois cream producer, announces a rebrand and exciting expansion of its product line, embracing the company’s evolution and its commitment to meeting the needs of the global sports community. Born from the needs of Chris Wolhuter, former professional cyclist, ASS MAGIC began as a mission to provide affordable […]

View full article

On 6/6/2023 at 8:50 AM, The Ouzo said:

Nice one Chris. Good to see a quality SA product expanding globally. Just dont forget about us :)

Thank you Ouzo, appreciate the kind words.

Hi, can you explain the difference in purpose, use and application between the chamois cream and anti-chafe balm please? I am a cyclist. I am also very happy to see a skin repair product, I received a few sachets of a particular product at events some years ago but not recently. I could never find the product commercially available so this specific product will fill that gap nicely. The chamois cream travel pack sachets will also come in handy as a space saver when travelling, and to carry in a pocket in case required on a ride.

1 hour ago, MarkAntony said:

I am also very happy to see a skin repair product, I received a few sachets of a particular product at events some years ago but not recently. I could never find the product commercially available so this specific product will fill that gap nicely. 

I'm definitely going to give this repair cream a try because I love their chamois cream but my current go-to is baby bum cream (Sudocrem specifically)

21 minutes ago, Jehosefat said:

I'm definitely going to give this repair cream a try because I love their chamois cream but my current go-to is baby bum cream (Sudocrem specifically)

used to only use Sudocream, its good. But I bought a tub of Ass Magic at the 947 expo last year and its just that much better.

5 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

used to only use Sudocream, its good. But I bought a tub of Ass Magic at the 947 expo last year and its just that much better.

Aah, maybe  I wasn't clear. My go-to skin repair cream is Sudocrem, my go-to chamois cream is Ass Magic.

Keen to try the new skin repair cream though.

12 minutes ago, Jehosefat said:

Aah, maybe  I wasn't clear. My go-to skin repair cream is Sudocrem, my go-to chamois cream is Ass Magic.

Keen to try the new skin repair cream though.

yes Sudocream is good for that too. Will also give the Ass Magic product a try soon.

On 6/8/2023 at 11:11 AM, MarkAntony said:

Hi, can you explain the difference in purpose, use and application between the chamois cream and anti-chafe balm please? I am a cyclist. I am also very happy to see a skin repair product, I received a few sachets of a particular product at events some years ago but not recently. I could never find the product commercially available so this specific product will fill that gap nicely. The chamois cream travel pack sachets will also come in handy as a space saver when travelling, and to carry in a pocket in case required on a ride.

Hi MarkAnthony.

Thanks for your question. The Chamois Cream, is a cream based anti chafe product, if you're a cyclist then this would be the one I recommend for you. You would apply to your ASS before you ride in any area in which you might encounter chafe. You can apply apply to the chamois of your shorts if you prefer to not apply to the skin directly.

The Anti Chafe Balm is as the name suggest, a balm, so much thicker viscosity and the application here is more geared towards runners and triathletes.

We do have a dealer list on our website so that should be able to help you find your nearest retailer, if not, let me know which area you are based in.

On 6/8/2023 at 1:34 PM, The Ouzo said:

yes Sudocream is good for that too. Will also give the Ass Magic product a try soon.

Thanks Ouzo and Jehesofat.

So the Sudocream is quite good in terms of a repair cream, it has Zinc Oxide in it which has some great healing properties, we do actually use it in the Chamois Cream.

Our Skin Repair Cream is intended to work as a humectant cream, ie it draws in and retains moisture to the skin, this creates an environment whereby skin renewal/repair is accelerated. Some of the key ingredients in this product include Panthenol(Vit B5), Colloidal Oat and Glycerine.

2 hours ago, Bikalot said:

Thanks Ouzo and Jehesofat.

So the Sudocream is quite good in terms of a repair cream, it has Zinc Oxide in it which has some great healing properties, we do actually use it in the Chamois Cream.

Our Skin Repair Cream is intended to work as a humectant cream, ie it draws in and retains moisture to the skin, this creates an environment whereby skin renewal/repair is accelerated. Some of the key ingredients in this product include Panthenol(Vit B5), Colloidal Oat and Glycerine.

Look to be honest since using ass magic chamois cream I don’t get any skin issues, so it will be a while before I need to try the skin repair cream.