Bontrager Ion Pro RT Front Bike Light

KarenP

I have had an issue with the charging port misaligned so when I charge it I have to position the light and cable at a precise angle for it to charge, is it something I can open up and fix or is it covered under warranty. the light is 4 years old.

Bontrager offered a lifetime warranty on these lights - try speak to a dealer, they must just replace the light for you.

Its 30 comfort guarantee to see if you like/dislike the product

then 1 year for manufacturing defects, this might have moved to two years but 4 is out 

Go speak to a Dot store and see what they say.

Are you sure its not just the cable plug that is stuffed? 

Simple enough to check if you have the same type cable around the house for charging other items. Usually they are the older type cell phone cable, which were prone to these types of mishaps. 

image.png.b7023f59a2758f6ca47e5c7eb92e5e6e.png

4 hours ago, KarenP said:

I have had an issue with the charging port misaligned so when I charge it I have to position the light and cable at a precise angle for it to charge, is it something I can open up and fix or is it covered under warranty. the light is 4 years old.

It's a common problem with micro usb. My Tail light has the same problem.

24 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

Did you try a different charge cable?

18 hours ago, Schnavel said:

Bontrager offered a lifetime warranty on these lights - try speak to a dealer, they must just replace the light for you.

Will do thanks

On 6/12/2023 at 4:41 PM, dasilvarsa said:

Yep - I have a Lezyne taillight that basically explodes into pieces in my hand if I forget to veeeerrrrryyyy gently remove the micro USB charging cable. Have put it back together a number of times. Done it from the very first charge. No issue with the USB C ones.