Trail Daze 2.0 | Constantia Greenbelts

News bot

12 minutes ago, babse said:

Is there no scope/leaverage for some trail building from the constantia trail upper down to lower trail along Rhodes Drive... this forest section has the making of some epic trails. 

image.png.306fe9918f8d0f625238d1a16ffb16e7.png

For sure, this would be between the Cork Tree trail and the first level jeep track heading to Newlands reservoir?.....unfortunately this section is full of walking trails...

37 minutes ago, capediver said:

For sure, this would be between the Cork Tree trail and the first level jeep track heading to Newlands reservoir?.....unfortunately this section is full of walking trails...

Yes, and SANP controlled so not City run green belt. There are some sneaky tracks in there of course but they are off limits 🙂 

15 minutes ago, capediver said:

Yeah so much potential right there. The forestry section reminds me of old tokai. Still alot of gradient which would make it a serious operation.

Karen and co can still still have them walking trails!?

There is potential to build some trails inside the forest above Ruyteplaats. It's a tiny bit of forest but a good XC course could be a lot of fun. I used to ride there years ago. Not sure about the legality of it but its riddled with trails and a few old roads. Only issue is getting up to the trails from Suikerbossie but it's a short push of approx 50m if you aren't a trials rider.

2 hours ago, capediver said:

This was done with the Ruyterplaats estate development I believe...public have access to the old public road and Viktorskloof Road through the estate...my route from Constantia Nek to the top of Suikerbossie and back...

Yes, I use that’ corridor’ frequently, both as a runner and cyclist; works brilliant, thank the guards for opening the lower gate each time air use it; in a word it is seamless!

WIN with Maxxis and Trail Daze

Tell us in the comments where you’d like to see Trail Daze explore next, and subscribe to the Bike Hub roundup to stand a chance to win a set of Maxxis tyres of your choice.

*Terms and Conditions

• The winner will be selected by way of a random draw.
  • Entries close on 18 August 2023 at midnight.
  • The winner will be announced on Monday 21 August 2023.
  • The winner will be contacted via email. If no response is received within 48 hours the winner will be redrawn.
  • This competition is only open to residents of South Africa.
  • The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash
  • Tyres are subject to stock availability

Sign up to the Bike Hub roundup here: https://mailchi.mp/bikehub/maxxis-trail-daze