Thule Racks: Financial Advice

OVERDRIVE

Financial gurus, advice. 

When swapping from one car to the other, after selling the roof racks. Do you use the money, top up the 3/4K and get a new set; or do you add it to the finance of the new car. 

Reason i ask is aren’t you then taking 11k worth equipment at 8% credit on residual (if applicable)? 

Or just pay for the new set with credit card (ideally not)  or dig into them savings. 

In a debate here and the hub always gives expert advice. 

47 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Financial gurus, advice. 

When swapping from one car to the other, after selling the roof racks. Do you use the money, top up the 3/4K and get a new set; or do you add it to the finance of the new car. 

Reason i ask is aren’t you then taking 11k worth equipment at 8% credit on residual (if applicable)? 

Or just pay for the new set with credit card (ideally not)  or dig into them savings. 

In a debate here and the hub always gives expert advice. 

Prepare yourself for advice on anything from the brand of toothpaste to the deodorant you should use. 😂

Regarding Thule roof racks, there are two factors to consider: the length of the rails and the fixtures. The length is generally determined by your car model and can often be reused. If the new car model has a similar roof width to your old car, or is narrower, you may still be able to use the existing rails, provided you don't mind the overlap. The second factor is the fixtures; you have less flexibility here. In some instances, this is the only component you'll need to replace to fit the racks to your new car. This could set you back around R1500. The Pro Ride bike holder is compatible regardless of the chosen rails and mounting parts.

From your message, it seems that you've sold it. The ability to finance a new roof rack will depend on several factors. Some car brands offer rebranded roof racks as an additional accessory, which means you could potentially finance it along with your car. 

If feasible, an additional R11,000 financed over the average period wouldn't significantly increase your monthly instalment. If you can afford it, I would recommend purchasing the racks from Thule.

Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, Dappere said:

Prepare yourself for advice on anything from the brand of toothpaste to the deodorant you should use. 😂

Regarding Thule roof racks, there are two factors to consider: the length of the rails and the fixtures. The length is generally determined by your car model and can often be reused. If the new car model has a similar roof width to your old car, or is narrower, you may still be able to use the existing rails, provided you don't mind the overlap. The second factor is the fixtures; you have less flexibility here. In some instances, this is the only component you'll need to replace to fit the racks to your new car. This could set you back around R1500. The Pro Ride bike holder is compatible regardless of the chosen rails and mounting parts.

From your message, it seems that you've sold it. The ability to finance a new roof rack will depend on several factors. Some car brands offer rebranded roof racks as an additional accessory, which means you could potentially finance it along with your car. 

If feasible, an additional R11,000 financed over the average period wouldn't significantly increase your monthly instalment. If you can afford it, I would recommend purchasing the racks from Thule.

Hope that helps.

Such wisdom! 
image.gif.230f3b3bef7ad350581d7124b79649af.gif

On 9/9/2023 at 5:03 PM, ChrisF said:

If you bought the "Wingbars", you only need a new set of "foot packs" suitable to the new vehicle.  This should be a small amount.

Chris is correct (as long as the width of the bars is still correct for the new vehicle)