Cannondale Factory Racing Secure FNB Wines2Whales Title

News bot

The final stage of the 2023 FNB Wines2Whales Shiraz saw Cannondale Factory Racing sail to victory; on Sunday, 29 October. Alan Hatherly and Simon Andreassen completed a clean sweep of stage victories en route to the title, yet the win was not secure until after the Gantouw Pass portage on Stage 3. Imbuko Giant A had pushed them close for two days and were only distanced within the final 30 kilometres of the 185 kilometres of racing. On Stage 1, Marco Joubert and Wessel Botha had fought to remain in contact with the pre-race favourites. Botha suffered a puncture before […]

View full article

2 hours ago, Furbz said:

Such an awesome event.

Food offered was well below other events and needs serious work. I really miss how good the food was in the earlier events.

Otherwise excellent

Agree. I did the Shiraz and really enjoyed the event. Kudos to the organizers for putting on an excellent event in really adverse circumstances. 

It was my first W2W, so can't compare with previous, but I did not enjoy the food. Breakfast was okay, but lunch and dinner were not good. Really not good.

Watching the rugby at Oak Valley on the Saturday night was sublime. 

I don't know what you guys ate, but 99% of the food was great. The 1% not great was the plastic burger patties. Other than that we ate like kings!

Lamb and beef for dinner, win!

1 hour ago, Titleist said:

I don't know what you guys ate, but 99% of the food was great. The 1% not great was the plastic burger patties. Other than that we ate like kings!

nothing really wrong with the food.

just comparing the offerings to other events and previous W2W events.

this is so far below par compared its scary.

On 10/31/2023 at 10:47 AM, Titleist said:

Agreed - the food was great! And i can compare - was much better than Woolworths last year. The fresh fruit and variety thereof was next level and the added things like biltong, popcorn etc. during the Rugby on Saturday was a nice touch too.