Race Face Aeffect R Dropper Post

BreadPitt

So CRC has one of these on BF special for about R1700 new (£74) down from £240. I've never used one before but after a bit of research I found that the gen 1's were air powered with a valve under the seat and Gen 2 were sealed cartridge versions. Both seem to have some link to Fox with Fox Branding on the bottom of the post on the Gen 1's and a few reviews saying the Gen 2s are pretty much the Fox Transfer guts in a slightly different package. 

The one they have on special is the 2019 / 2020 version apparently. 

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/race-face-aeffect-r-dropper-seatpost

There also seems to be some noise around the air ones not going up and staying up and a general level of squish after not too long on some. 

Any one here have any experience / advice on this as a purchase? I've pretty much had either Lyne or Bike Yoke on my previous rides and just bought a new bike with a too short existing post. I was a bit shocked about how much the Lyne ones have gone up in the past years since I bought one. Actually I was a bit shocked about how much all drop posts had gone up since I last was looking so it's not just Lyne.

I've just bought one and might be returning one depending on what model it is when they get back to me. So no useful info to give but that definitely feels like that's my lane to be honest.