My take on the SCOTT SPARK WORLD CUP

Lehane

What do I think about this bike?

Been through a couple of bikes, but this one is something else.

In the ever-evolving world of mountain biking, where top-end bike brands often share common features and components, the Scott Spark RC World Cup stands out with its exceptional design and performance as the Flagship model. Having recently tested several brands, my choice was driven by the Spark's remarkable handling on rough terrain.

One noticeable aspect is the unique frame design and suspension placement, which enhance the bike's performance on the increasingly technical XCO tracks. While the slack head angle took little time getting used to during cornering, it truly shines on steep descents and rocky trails. The 120mm suspension in the front and rear turns every trail into a playground, effortlessly gliding over terrain that would have been challenging in the past, leaving me with a big smile every time. 

Despite my initial concerns about its climbing ability, the Scott Spark World Cup proved itself by handling steep sections exceptionally well. The twin lockout system absorbed roots and rocks on technical climbs and excelled on hard surfaces, even conquering gradients as steep as 18% with PR's. 
Adjusting the setup to my preferences, including the seat position and handlebar angle, greatly improved my riding experience, translating into more power with every pedal stroke.

One standout feature of this bike is its remarkable stability when descending. It almost feels like it has a built-in gyroscope, correcting any bounce and maintaining an ideal balance point in rough terrain. This sensation may be attributed to the frame's lower center of gravity, which greatly enhances the overall ride quality.

In conclusion, if you're in search of a mountain bike that boosts your downhill confidence while still excelling in climbing, the Scott Spark RC World Cup TR  is the perfect choice. Its customizable setup, excellent handling, and superb stability make it a top performer on any trail. This bike truly represents the evolution of modern mountain biking.

20231116_123455.jpg

I've Never met anyone that is Unhappy with the Scott Spark going back to 2017 until Now.

Some Complain about the routing of the Thru Frame Cables but once you get the hang of it the issue is non existent. Nice Bike U got.

Cool write up. I have an old one 😐 the neon yellow rc900 world cup, think 3 years old, still puts a smile on my face every time. Would love a new one though. 

16 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

I've Never met anyone that is Unhappy with the Scott Spark going back to 2017 until Now.

Some Complain about the routing of the Thru Frame Cables but once you get the hang of it the issue is non existent. Nice Bike U got.

Thank you for the response. 

I have read that the cabling is a problem for some people who work on their own bikes. I am not that handy and only do the basic things myself. I think the neat look really adds to the clean style. 

I also had a couple of  Sparks until 2019 and then took a walk on the wild side and had a couple of Trek bikes. They were good for that time, but I'm glad to be back on SCOTT. 

15 hours ago, Spafsack said:

Cool write up. I have an old one 😐 the neon yellow rc900 world cup, think 3 years old, still puts a smile on my face every time. Would love a new one though. 

Thank you.

I had one of those a couple of years ago. Great bikes, but I wish you could feel what they have done with the new one. If you get the opportunity to upgrade or test it, try it out.