ORBEA support in SA

Grant Prince

Hi, did anyone ever had problems with this? Groupset and shocks are standard so should not really be a problem with servicing and parts available. On the frame side anyone has a comment? In my area Orbea is not that commonly seen so was just thinking.

Thank you for any feedback

7 minutes ago, Grant Prince said:

Hi, did anyone ever had problems with this? Groupset and shocks are standard so should not really be a problem with servicing and parts available. On the frame side anyone has a comment? In my area Orbea is not that commonly seen so was just thinking.

the oiz rear is proprietary 

looks standard but the eyelet is unique so hold that in mind , very easy to get and support in this country but it is indeed proprietary 

Orbea is brought in by MoreCorp aka Cycle Lab. I've only heard of one issue where a battery died on a nearly new Rise. Customer had to wait for quite some time to get a replacement but everything has been good since

Had an issue with my 2023 Orbea Orca front thru axle. Cycle Lab had stock of the original thru axle and they are busy with a warranty process on the faulty thru axle. 

Great support in my opinion!

56 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

Cycle Lab are the people to speak to. I think Orbea will grow in SA. 

Orbea is the somewhat forgotten brand since they exited the World Tour.

Original Orbeas were real works of art and great to see the brand gaining popularity again.

4 hours ago, Grant Prince said:

Ive got an Orbea Rise. Have had to deal with their customer service on 2 occasions. 

Getting spare derailleur hanger and warranty claim on chainstay. Once you know who to talk to it gets sorted quite quickly. If you DM me I'll share contact details.  

I would definitely recommend the brand. Their website is now also updated with local pricing. And they are willing to special order options thats not locally available. 

I bought an alloy Oiz a year ago. No issues so far. Very good service from Cyclelab N1 City. I did the deal over the phone and they packed and shipped within days. Orbea still one of the few brands with lifetime warranty and off coarse made in Spain. Constantly seeing more of the brand out there.

• 2 weeks later...